Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOUD EXHAUST??

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 08:13 AM
jorswift
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOUD EXHAUST??

Hello,
I want an exhaust that is loud, but notwicked loud.I am just looking for slip-ons of mufflers right now at this point in time. What do you all recommend? Thanks.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:18 AM
bucs012
Road Master
Default RE: LOUD EXHAUST??

If you do a search you fill find tons of good info. Might want to try Rush 1.75 but no more than 2" slip ons.

There was an article this month in Hog Tales about loud exhaust. Some states are starting to really crack down.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:19 AM
jorswift
Road Captain

How come no more that 2" on slip-ons? I see some rinehart on ebay and samson but they are bigger than 2".

Old 05-12-2008, 08:41 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think my Rineharts are plenty loud

Old 05-12-2008, 08:52 AM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can make most slip-ons loud by removing the baffles.

Rush makes a nice sounding slip-ons for a great price.

My personal preferences are Rhinehart and Vance & Hines slip-ons...both sound good.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:12 AM
bucs012
Road Master

ORIGINAL: jorswift

How come no more that 2" on slip-ons? I see some rinehart on ebay and samson but they are bigger than 2".
You have some great options listed right here. Larger than 2" and you are going to start getting loud. It's all in how loud you want the pipes and what "loud" is to you. Ya know? Do you have stereo? If so, do you want to hear it?That is the main thing you have to figure out for yourself. I did tons of reading on this topic via the forum and I found that 1.75" to 2" is the ideal size to have a nice Harley sound and still have a great stereo sound. Just my opinion though.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:13 AM
pscheval
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my Pythons!

Old 05-12-2008, 09:25 AM
HDNY1
Intermediate

Jorswift, hopefully what i am about to type will confuse the hell out of you so that i won't be alone on this boat so here goes. my last bike was softail with samson street sweepers...i loved it. then like many others i got the bagger bug and went to a street glide. i have no motor mods, and i currently have vance and hines oval slip-ons. i know others feel differently but i think they sound like a wet fart until you really turn up the wick. they don't sound awful at normal acceleration, just not my cup of tea. my bro-in law has a screamin eagle road king with samson slip-ons, and it sounds pretty good but i think the larger motor etc makes a difference on that because he had the same pipes on his rk classic and it didn't sound as deep or rich. my brothers softail has samson ground pounders and every time we ride i wish mine sounded that way. to finish my long story here, i think i'm going with the thunder header, many have suggested the d and d fat cat, i think it looks good but it's not the sound i want, so i think it's a thunderheader for me...i think. another idea is you can go to a local bike event and just listen to the bikes, when you find one that sounds good to you, ask the guy what they are and what else he's done to the bike, if he looks at you like your crazy wait till he turns his back and steal the pipes. that last part is a joke i don't condone stealing anything other than a fat girls heart.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Ohio HD Guy
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have some Python slip ons for sale that I took off my 07 FLHTC when I went to Rineharts. They are loud but nut not crazy loud. Let me know, I need to get rid of them.

Jim

Old 05-12-2008, 11:06 AM
jorswift
Road Captain

what about samson 3" turnout slipons? any good?

Quick Reply: LOUD EXHAUST??