Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What dealer said really happened

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 08:10 PM
keoki23
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What dealer said really happened

ORIGINAL: Mike Grasso

Keoki23,

I live on the border of L.A. and Ventura counties.

Three dealers out here will give you a pretty straight deal, throw in some perks and discounts.

Glendale Harley Davidson, go see the tall blond saleswoman, never can remember her name, but you couldn't miss her!

Simi Valley Harley Davidson, all the guys are good, had a $1500 off any Touring this weekend.

Ventura Harley Davidson, no longer associated with Simi but still looking for your business.

Mg

Mg,

maybe you could tell me who are your contacts on those two HD dealers or where and who you bought your 2008 SG with a great deal. any assistance will be appreciated it. I really want SG.

thank you,
keoki23

Old 05-12-2008, 08:28 PM
timbakersr
Cruiser

I drove from Atlanta to Macon Ga to buy mine. They where awsome! The bikes are sold at one price to everyonel. MSRP+250.00 and your tax. No alarm system installed that they charge an outrages price for none of the extra,extra crap.
See Sean the manager for your next one.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:45 PM
iowacruiser
Tourer

ORIGINAL: FLHT

I agree, they aren't all bad I have a very good dealer also. Great sales, service and a parts department that actually knows what parts are. Dillons Harley, Omaha Nebraska.
Ditto on Dillons Harley in Omaha. I have nothing but good things to say about my experiences with them over the past two years.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:32 PM
jimsuver
Supporter
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All I can say about Mann's is Very Good service, parts and sales!

Old 05-12-2008, 11:22 PM
sweetglide
Intermediate

Glad to hear Mann's is still a small town dealer.I bought my first Harley from them when I lived in Columbus, IN. They were in a much smaller store back then and really cared about their product, the customer and making the Customer feel #1.Sounds like they have stayed true to their core values after they moved into their larger store. If anybody is in the Columbus IN area they are now located in Edinburgh next to the outlet mall, check them out.

2007 FLHX
Rinehart TD
SE A/C
SERT

Old 05-12-2008, 11:38 PM
ezryder62881
Tourer

Just my 2 cents worth in So IL. I E-mailed 4 dealers when the wife and I decided it was time to start seriously looking at new Ultras. We have a '97 Sporty, and were looking to upgrade. Only ONE dealer had the courtesy to even E-mail me back with any kind of reply. That dealer was Legacy Harley Davidson in Effingham, IL. I really already had my mind made up to buy from my closest (most convenient) dealer, which was Dales Harley Davidson in Mt Vernon, IL.
It's really very sad when a customer already has his mind made up that he WANTS to buy from a particular dealer, and that dealer drives the business away.
The whole dealership attitude was **** poor at Dales in Mt Vernon.The wife and I visited that dealership 3 times before we ordered from Legacy in Effingham. EVERY time we went in we were ignored by every salesman in the place--even when they were all gathered in a little group talking among themselves and loafing. I had to intertupt them to ask for service, and I could tell that it was an inconvenience to wait on me by their attitude.
The last time I was in I even showed them the exact figures that Legacy in Effingham was selling me the bike for, and Dales told me that they couldn't match that price.
Imust say--the service at Legacy Harley Davidson in Effingham, IL is outstanding. They are very friendly and eager to please, and buying fromthem has been nothing but a pleasure. They did evrything they promised, bike came in when promised, and I've recievedfollow up phone calls and letters just to makesure that I was happy and had no problems.
So far A++ and no complaints. Rest assured that if that changes that I will post that also.
Stay away from Dales Harley Davidson in Mt Vernon, IL. The only good thing that I can say about Dales is that they were advertising "if we can't give you the best deal in So Il, we'll give you $100 gift card" --- Guess what--they did exactly that!

Old 05-13-2008, 02:38 AM
mrblister
Elite HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: keoki23

any such great HD dealer here in southern california? Because i am in the process to purchasing a 2008 FLHX very very soon but so far no luck on even a good deal. I have been thru 8 dealers. assistance is much appreciated it.
www.hutchinshd.com Give these guys a try I hear they aregood.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:59 AM
Jeepin_Lawyer
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to hear about a good $tealer now and then.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:25 AM
littlebear
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have purchased 2 new bikes from City Cycle Sales, Junction City Kansas, on I 70. Great Dealer. Always havecoffee and doughnuts. Got my 1000 mile service last saturday and a free fill up of fuel. Bought a backrest and when the service was complete they rolled her off the lift, loaned me the tools to put it on in their shop. Everyone calls me by name and gives ya a handshake.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:41 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

That's why I have all my warranty and other work done there. Very friendly service manager, Larry. Shop manager Cris, And a bunch of very willing and knowledgeable people. Can't say much for sales staff. [:@] I couldn't get them to wait on us 2 years ago. Wife and I walked in 3 times to buy an ultra and we walked around the bike for 45 min. the first time and 30 min. the last two times. We left there and went to Bloomington, 35 miles away and paid cash for one.

Quick Reply: What dealer said really happened