Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What dealer said really happened

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 02:11 PM
HARLYDVDSN
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What dealer said really happened

That's great! That's the way it should be. What seems funny is I hear that alot about that dealership.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:30 PM
mysticwolf
Road Master

I guess I got lucky when I bought mine, my bike was on the floor, and rode it home the day I payed for it.But so far the service has been great, They have got my bike done 2 times before the set time they told me, so I know how you feel, its a great feeling to know that the dealer yop gave so much money too will take care of you.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:36 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Even serial killers have friends...... [8D]

Old 05-12-2008, 02:52 PM
keoki23
Cruiser

any such great HD dealer here in southern california? Because i am in the process to purchasing a 2008 FLHX very very soon but so far no luck on even a good deal. I have been thru 8 dealers. assistance is much appreciated it.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My dealer is in a smaller town....I know almost all of the employees on a first name basis. They will always bend over backwards to help out most folks from what I have seen....When I went to pick up my 08 the painted inner fairing had not come in yet so they had one removed from the showroom floor so I could take mine home.......2 techs, 2 bikes and 2 hrs...no charge!!!!

Old 05-12-2008, 03:32 PM
wyominggeezerglider
6th Gear

I have met some dealerships that are a little too independant, some that were excellent. My dealer here in Gillette, WY has been nothing but excellent. I have never had a single problem with anyone there either. I've heard some people that can't say anything good about Deluxe HD, but not me.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:37 PM
dowork08
Tourer

i drove 2 hours to order my SG, even though there is a dealership 10 mins from my home. And about 7 whinin a hr of me. But i went with the one who gave me the best deal and had the best people..

Old 05-12-2008, 03:40 PM
keoki23
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: dowork08

i drove 2 hours to order my SG, even though there is a dealership 10 mins from my home. And about 7 whinin a hr of me. But i went with the one who gave me the best deal and had the best people..

doworks08,
im in the process of purchasing one 2008 crimson red street glide for $22,400 OTD and the only option that doesnt came with is ABS. do you think, i have a good deal or look at different dealers? do you mind sharing how much you bought yours OTD. any recomendation is appreciated it.
thank you,
keoki23

Old 05-12-2008, 04:34 PM
BlackBagger
Cruiser

Keoki23,

I live on the border of L.A. and Ventura counties.

Three dealers out here will give you a pretty straight deal, throw in some perks and discounts.

Glendale Harley Davidson, go see the tall blond saleswoman, never can remember her name, but you couldn't miss her!

Simi Valley Harley Davidson, all the guys are good, had a $1500 off any Touring this weekend.

Ventura Harley Davidson, no longer associated with Simi but still looking for your business.

Mg

Old 05-12-2008, 04:42 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

There are alot of great people in the motorcycle business. I'm approaching my 30th year as a sales/marketing professional and my 40th year as a motorcyclist. I have had the pleasure of meeting many great people in the motorcycle business and many other businesses. If there are over 750 HD dealers in the US, who exactly on this forum has done business with a large enough number of dealers that would be sufficient to offer a generalized assessment of their business practices?

I know great dealers and dealers I wouldn't buy oil from. Everybody has their own individual experiences and opinions. Don't you think generalizing the whole dealer network as good or bad would appear a bit proposterous.

Quick Reply: What dealer said really happened