Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle disappointment

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008 | 10:57 PM
milo8155
|
Cruiser
Default Screamin Eagle disappointment

I've been wanting to catchthe Harley Demo fleet @ a local dealer for a while, but Ialways had something come up where I couldn't participate. Today worked out and it was a great but some what disappointing day. I owe a 07 StreetGlide and I really wanted to feel the power of the Screamin Eagle Ultra with the 110 cu inch engine. Although the bike is great,I was expecting more from the engine...more power, more punch etc... I swear my bike w the 96 ci motor and SE slip ons felt just as good or better!I was planning on making this bikemy next purchase, but not now!
And don't send me post about the SG having less weight, I have the king tour pack and all the goodies on mine...so there is very little weight difference! Anyone else feel the same? Sorry SE owners don't be haten!

milo8155
07 FLHX
93 FXST
Collierville,TN

Old 05-10-2008 | 11:00 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: Screamin Eagle disappointment

don't be disappointed, just think of all the money you just saved yourself! that should be at least a few chrome go faster goodies

Old 05-11-2008 | 08:19 AM
Ultra007
Tourer

Just proof of the difference in the "seat of the pants" feel between money you HAVE spent versus money you areTHINKING about spending. LOL
People plop a bunch of money on all kinds of motor mods then swear it pulls so much harder,runs faster, etc.. After you have spent the money you have to tell yourself that. LOL
It takes a lot of power to feel much difference bewteen bikes.

U

Old 05-11-2008 | 08:32 AM
bull
Advanced

I rode a 08 screamin eagle Ultra at York Open House in September 07 and was not impressed! I also rode a stock Ultra with lowering shocks and enjoyed riding it alot. The screamin eagle ultra had a heated seat which made it feel higher as if sitting on my old Sporty!.

Old 05-11-2008 | 08:42 AM
SilverDawg
Road Captain

I owned a 2007 SE ultra and sold it in less than a year. One big problem the 110 engines are having is they develop oil leaks around the head gasket and the cylinder liners have been known to slip. This is not an isolated issue and is of much discussion on the cvo website

http://cvoharley.com

You may have saved yourself much aggravation and dissappointment. The MoCo really needs to get this engine off the road or get it fixed. Way too much money to spend for an engine that is more than likely to dissappoint.

Old 05-11-2008 | 09:05 AM
lowleveldriver
Tourer

Milo, you just saved yourself a lot of money and stress, my brother has a 08 CVO ultra, I have a 06 ultra that I wrenched. A worked out 95" with HQ heads pistons,pipes and SERT. Next is the Baker 6 speed, he tells me that the only thing my bike needs is the fancy paint. He rides my bike cause his is always in the shop. Lifters replaced, head gasket replaced. Enjoy your FLHX and spend that money on gas, it may work out about the same at 4 bucks a gal. lol

Old 05-11-2008 | 10:03 AM
milo8155
|
Cruiser

Guys, don't get me wrong...the engine just wasn't what it should be ( MoCo are you listening )! And it did sit high.....So, MoCo don't worry you have me with StreetGlide!!!!!

milo8155
07 FLHX
03 FXST
Collierville, TN

Old 05-11-2008 | 12:00 PM
Erdnase
Road Master

My builder calls them Screamin' Chickens!

Old 05-11-2008 | 12:42 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member

save the money and as soon as your warranty is up -- look into one of the major motorcompany's motor kits---HQs or Zippers 107 and S&S 106 cometo mind. You will not be disappointed-- I had to ride a rental yesterday boy did I miss my HQs 103---I tried to do a rolling burnout it almost cut off.
ORIGINAL: milo8155

I've been wanting to catchthe Harley Demo fleet @ a local dealer for a while, but Ialways had something come up where I couldn't participate. Today worked out and it was a great but some what disappointing day. I owe a 07 StreetGlide and I really wanted to feel the power of the Screamin Eagle Ultra with the 110 cu inch engine. Although the bike is great,I was expecting more from the engine...more power, more punch etc... I swear my bike w the 96 ci motor and SE slip ons felt just as good or better!I was planning on making this bikemy next purchase, but not now!
And don't send me post about the SG having less weight, I have the king tour pack and all the goodies on mine...so there is very little weight difference! Anyone else feel the same? Sorry SE owners don't be haten!

milo8155
07 FLHX
93 FXST
Collierville,TN

Old 05-11-2008 | 01:15 PM
BonsaiBob
Intermediate

I am very pleased with my '08 SE Ultra! The 110" has a lot more power than the 88" of my RK Custom ... even with the Ultra being stock andmy RK having been modified. One thing that you need to consider is that the MoCo had to put catalyst mufflers and restrictive air cleaner on the 110" versions to meet EPA regulations ... so until the pipes and air cleaner are upgraded your 96" is likely to breathe and perform similar tothe stock SE Ultra. In any case, I bought the Ultra for touring in comfort and style ... and with all the goodies on the scoot it certainly delivers! The built in navigation, the Brembo ABS brakes, the keyfob locks on the tourpaks, the heated seat and grips, the oil cooler, adjustable passenger footrests, and all the chrome accessories you could think of make this a very enjoyable ride ... and I love the look of "clean fenders" on the tour bikes which this one delivers as well. My new pipes are scheduled (according to UPS) to arrive this Wednesday for the SE, and once those are on it will be a high flow air cleaner and a race tuner and I should be all set for performance mods on this one! Well, for now at least!

In any case, the beauty of HD scoots is that everyone can have one that matches their design tastes as well as their performance dreams ... so the more people that don't like the SE version, the more unique mine stays!

Quick Reply: Screamin Eagle disappointment