Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle disappointment

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008 | 01:27 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: Screamin Eagle disappointment

Agree. They are undercammed and running sheitty exhausts. You cam it properly, SERT it, pipe it, it would be an E-ticket ride. The MOCO has to comply with the EPA and that is where the real problem is. Even my 08 was a bit of a pooch as stock until it was changed with the right performanceparts!

ORIGINAL: BonsaiBob

I am very pleased with my '08 SE Ultra! The 110" has a lot more power than the 88" of my RK Custom ... even with the Ultra being stock andmy RK having been modified. One thing that you need to consider is that the MoCo had to put catalyst mufflers and restrictive air cleaner on the 110" versions to meet EPA regulations ... so until the pipes and air cleaner are upgraded your 96" is likely to breathe and perform similar tothe stock SE Ultra. In any case, I bought the Ultra for touring in comfort and style ... and with all the goodies on the scoot it certainly delivers! The built in navigation, the Brembo ABS brakes, the keyfob locks on the tourpaks, the heated seat and grips, the oil cooler, adjustable passenger footrests, and all the chrome accessories you could think of make this a very enjoyable ride ... and I love the look of "clean fenders" on the tour bikes which this one delivers as well. My new pipes are scheduled (according to UPS) to arrive this Wednesday for the SE, and once those are on it will be a high flow air cleaner and a race tuner and I should be all set for performance mods on this one! Well, for now at least!

In any case, the beauty of HD scoots is that everyone can have one that matches their design tastes as well as their performance dreams ... so the more people that don't like the SE version, the more unique mine stays!

Old 05-11-2008 | 02:35 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: SilverDawg

I owned a 2007 SE ultra and sold it in less than a year. One big problem the 110 engines are having is they develop oil leaks around the head gasket and the cylinder liners have been known to slip. This is not an isolated issue and is of much discussion on the cvo website

http://cvoharley.com

You may have saved yourself much aggravation and dissappointment. The MoCo really needs to get this engine off the road or get it fixed. Way too much money to spend for an engine that is more than likely to dissappoint.
Is this problem isolated to factory built110's, or doesitapply tothe HD kits installedafterward also?

Old 05-12-2008 | 09:40 AM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member

Is this problem isolated to factory built110's, or doesitapply tothe HD kits installedafterward also?
IMO both. As mentioned earlier. Do an aftermarket build. I went with the HQ 95" and my numbers were better than the dealer installed 110 that was on the dyno before me.