Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Rex 3" True Duals first impressions...**UPDATED**

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Default RE: T-Rex 3" True Duals first impressions...

First, sorry guys no pics. I was busy all day with my son's Pop Warner phyiscal and evaluation...it took all day. I'll get someposted soon though.

ANYWAY...I squeezed in a little hour long ride and these pipes are AWESOME!!!! I can't believe anyone would think they are too loud. With my 103", they are nice and deep with just the right amount of volume...at idle and when ripping into the throttle. I LOVE IT!!!! And...they look good doing it.

I forgot all about the other issues I ran into during installation!

Old 05-10-2008, 11:03 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

ORIGINAL: soos

I thought that all true duals at least supplied a 1/2" spacer for the right side footboard. The Rinehart true dual has such a kit included with the pipes.
i was gonna say that any self respecting company would have given you that. i know v&h gave me a set for mine, and like soos got a set for the wife's rineharts.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:35 PM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Im running the T-rex TD's on my King as well. Ran into some of thesame problems when I first got them. How to make my own spacer, modify the starter bracket and I have yet to see these instructions you speak of. I got mine through Dennis Kirk's Ebay outlet so the price was right even with a few minor headaches.Dead on with the sound. Great rumble at idle and even better leaning on the throttle. Performance is decent as well.Spent a few hours (Ok like 5) in the dyno and was able to easily out perform my previous set-up (V&H slip-ons) and get fairly close to the the numbers of a good 2-1.Can't see swapping mine out for any other set-up at the moment.