Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD service bullitan for 06 INJECTORS

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 04:23 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: HD service bullitan for 06 INJECTORS

Finally, he says they heard about it in JAN.
I think I would have to call "Bull$hit !!" on that one. The date on the Service Bulletin is February 20. Some dealers are good, but I have yet to hear of one that's clairvoyant.

Old 02-24-2006, 04:30 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also, let us not forget this Service Bulletin covers all 06 EFI Big Twins. Not just the Touring family. It applies to Dynas and Softails as well. So pass this info on.

Old 02-24-2006, 04:36 PM
doomie19
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: AK_Hog_Herder

Finally, he says they heard about it in JAN.
I think I would have to call "Bull$hit !!" on that one. The date on the Service Bulletin is February 20. Some dealers are good, but I have yet to hear of one that's clairvoyant.
The entire experience was a 55 gallon drum of [sm=bs.gif]!!! Maybe two 55 gallon drums? I don't put a whole lot of value into a lot of what I was told there. There were a few good hints that I caught onto, but the bulk of it was nothing but BS. I'm just looking forward to next week and FINALLY getting things right so I can enjoy my new ride!

Old 02-25-2006, 11:46 AM
sedbiker62
Road Captain

Well, well, well.... This morning (Sat), the dealership called and told me my bike was "ready". When I asked about the injectors, I was told the tech "could not duplicate the problem" after riding it for " a while". My blood pressure skyrocketed! I asked if this was going to be an issue in a much agitated tone of voice. The dealership employee told me "oh no, it won't be". Fine, I said, when will they be installed? I was told Monday.
Man, I just don't understand where these stealerships are coming from. It makes no sense to me that they would argue at all about this problem and the fix. I'm the general manager of an auto dealership and we deal with service issues on a regular basis and sometimes it seems that when it rains it pours. Thats just part of the business we're in. The cost of doing business. Our bottom line is always the customers satisfaction. The long term effect service has on our customer. We count on return business. It has been said before and how true it is, the sales person makes the first sale, service makes the rest.

Steve[sm=icon_rock.gif]
ORIGINAL: sedbiker62

Well, well, well... Man I can hardly believe how some of your dealers treat you guys. First off, thanks to the original post for the info. My dealer picked up my bike late yesterday afternoon for the 1k service. When I got back to the office, I logged onto the forum and seen this bulletin. This morning I made a copy of the bulletin and faxed it to the service manager at the dealership. I also cc'd to the owner, general manager, business manager, and the salesman that I dealt with. I don't personally know any of these people, but my experience with them has been at least superb. I'm a return customer at the dealership and maybe that helps, but I've always been treated well, from the first purchase to the most recent.
I hope I'm not counting my proverbial chickens before they're hatched, however, I'm confident I'll have no problems with the dealer with regard to the bulletin. I'll soon know and so will you.

Steve[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-14-2006, 01:51 PM
fryeca
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealer here in JAX fla. replaced the injectors as per the bulletin on last Friday so I could go to Bike Week without any problems...most of the issues were cleared up but one still remains.

When the bike goes into Heat Management mode it drops the rpm as advertised but in my case the bike just keeps dipping down in RPM till it stalls...no amount of throttle jocky will bring the RPM's up once it goes too far.

I called them yesterday to give them my report and they said that new software is coming soon and they would let me know when to bring it in.

Old 03-14-2006, 06:42 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

That surely does explain the low speed surge!! That was exactly what I told the dealer and they are changing mine once they come in.

Bob

ORIGINAL: doomie19

ORIGINAL: FLHX

Does anyone know what the MOCO was using for injectors on 05 and older models? Were they using the CVO injectors? I'm just curious.
[sm=goodidea.gif] I recall seeing somewhere that the 06 injectors were changed to help meet EPA regs, but I can't find it now. Can anybody shed some light?

Another worthwhile piece of info I got was that the bulk of the EPA tests were in the idle to 1/4 throttle range. This is why the bikes are so lean off idle. I was told at WOT the thing should run perfect! Guess I'll have to take it to Germany and run the Autobahn. He also said one guy had already installed some pretty hot cams in a 103ci motor w/ the stock 06 injectors and it was running great. Maybe the bigger 25 degree injectors atomize the fuel better at low RPM's or something? It would appear the stock injectors themselves are up to the task, but it makes you wonder why the bigger ones are now being installed at the factory now???

Old 03-14-2006, 07:34 PM
fryeca
Tourer

Update

First '06 with fuel injection in my area to have the new injectors installed and software dumped in!

Bike ran much cooler at idle...never went into the heat management mode once in stop and go traffic of 20 minutes, I think they nailed it guys, will keep you all posted as to how it runs in hotter weather.

Old 03-15-2006, 06:10 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

What is the new software????

Bob

ORIGINAL: fryeca

Update

First '06 with fuel injection in my area to have the new injectors installed and software dumped in!

Bike ran much cooler at idle...never went into the heat management mode once in stop and go traffic of 20 minutes, I think they nailed it guys, will keep you all posted as to how it runs in hotter weather.

Old 03-16-2006, 12:55 AM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

My SG is in the shop getting the new injectors. Will keep you posted on the results.

Old 03-16-2006, 09:49 AM
fryeca
Tourer

StreetRunner,

Make sure they install the new 06A software MAP with the new injectors...

Quick Reply: HD service bullitan for 06 INJECTORS