Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD service bullitan for 06 INJECTORS

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 12:04 AM
FLHX
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HD service bullitan for 06 INJECTORS

Does anyone know what the MOCO was using for injectors on 05 and older models? Were they using the CVO injectors? I'm just curious.

Old 02-24-2006, 12:35 AM
doomie19
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: FLHX

Does anyone know what the MOCO was using for injectors on 05 and older models? Were they using the CVO injectors? I'm just curious.
[sm=goodidea.gif] I recall seeing somewhere that the 06 injectors were changed to help meet EPA regs, but I can't find it now. Can anybody shed some light?

Another worthwhile piece of info I got was that the bulk of the EPA tests were in the idle to 1/4 throttle range. This is why the bikes are so lean off idle. I was told at WOT the thing should run perfect! Guess I'll have to take it to Germany and run the Autobahn. He also said one guy had already installed some pretty hot cams in a 103ci motor w/ the stock 06 injectors and it was running great. Maybe the bigger 25 degree injectors atomize the fuel better at low RPM's or something? It would appear the stock injectors themselves are up to the task, but it makes you wonder why the bigger ones are now being installed at the factory now???

Old 02-24-2006, 10:14 AM
MikeP
Intermediate

stopped in at dealer yeaterday. Talked to svc manager & parts people.. got the blank stare about thie svc bulletin...had not seen or heard about it yet? how long does it take for the dealers to receive them...felt I was getting the F off answer. I think that I will ask them to replace the injectors anyway...o6 RKC.

Old 02-24-2006, 10:35 AM
doomie19
Advanced

ORIGINAL: MikeP

stopped in at dealer yeaterday. Talked to svc manager & parts people.. got the blank stare about thie svc bulletin...had not seen or heard about it yet? how long does it take for the dealers to receive them...felt I was getting the F off answer. I think that I will ask them to replace the injectors anyway...o6 RKC.
Sounds about par for the course. At first mine knew nothing about it, then he had heard of it when I said I had a number for him, then he had seen it on-line after I offered to bring in a hard copy. Finally, he says they heard about it in JAN. I don't think they're as dumb and uninformed as they try to come off to be. Maybe some of the grunts don't know about it, but the service manager should be well-aware of this issue. I don't really get why I'm getting such a fight out of this when others seem to just make a call and git-r-done even if they haven't experienced any problems yet! I've got one more dealer to try and if I can't get any satisfaction, I'll just park it at the dealer and tell 'em to keep it.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:22 AM
doomie19
Advanced

Called the next closest dealer to me and explained how their competition down the road fixed my lean fuel mixture problem by increasing the idle speed. FINALLY got a normal person! [sm=hail.gif] She agreed it wasn't a solution and offered to come and pick the bike up for me and perform the bulletin all under warranty! Makes me wish I would have bought the bike from them in the first place. I guess the moral of the story is if you don't succeed at the first dealer, try another dealer. It's been said many times, but I can now say that it actually works!

Old 02-24-2006, 01:52 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: doomie19

Called the next closest dealer to me and explained how their competition down the road fixed my lean fuel mixture problem by increasing the idle speed. FINALLY got a normal person! [sm=hail.gif] She agreed it wasn't a solution and offered to come and pick the bike up for me and perform the bulletin all under warranty! Makes me wish I would have bought the bike from them in the first place. I guess the moral of the story is if you don't succeed at the first dealer, try another dealer. It's been said many times, but I can now say that it actually works!
After you have the work done at this "new" dealer you may want to return to the one that stonewalled you with the paperwork and have a sitdown with them. If they still act as if they don't care, send a nice email or letter off to the MOCO and also make an entry at the stealers and dealers website with your experience.

Hit them where it hurts, in the wallet.

Old 02-24-2006, 01:56 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

Sounds about par for the course. At first mine knew nothing about it, then he had heard of it when I said I had a number for him, then he had seen it on-line after I offered to bring in a hard copy. Finally, he says they heard about it in JAN. I don't think they're as dumb and uninformed as they try to come off to be. Maybe some of the grunts don't know about it, but the service manager should be well-aware of this issue.
I swear these guys at the dealer are programmed to forget everything as of that mornings coffee.

doomie19

By all means enter the info about the first dealer in the stealer/dealer web page so they get what they deserve and enter the second dealer and give them praise too.

http://stealer-dealer.com/apage.htm

Old 02-24-2006, 02:04 PM
sedbiker62
Road Captain

Well, well, well... Man I can hardly believe how some of your dealers treat you guys. First off, thanks to the original post for the info. My dealer picked up my bike late yesterday afternoon for the 1k service. When I got back to the office, I logged onto the forum and seen this bulletin. This morning I made a copy of the bulletin and faxed it to the service manager at the dealership. I also cc'd to the owner, general manager, business manager, and the salesman that I dealt with. I don't personally know any of these people, but my experience with them has been at least superb. I'm a return customer at the dealership and maybe that helps, but I've always been treated well, from the first purchase to the most recent.
I hope I'm not counting my proverbial chickens before they're hatched, however, I'm confident I'll have no problems with the dealer with regard to the bulletin. I'll soon know and so will you.

Steve[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 02-24-2006, 03:36 PM
doomie19
Advanced

Will do, I'll make appropriate entries for BOTH the good and bad ones once this whole thing gets resolved. I'm actually surprised it was such a big issue in the first place! Hopefully the "new" service dept. comes through as good as advertised. If so, I will definitely sing their praises on the site.
[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 02-24-2006, 03:56 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: doomie19
Maybe the bigger 25 degree injectors atomize the fuel better
That’s what I’m thinking too. Efficiency would be increased for sure. Atomize the fuel better get a better burn!

Quick Reply: HD service bullitan for 06 INJECTORS