Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD service bullitan for 06 INJECTORS

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 05:02 AM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: HD service bullitan for 06 INJECTORS

Sounds like you have a good relationship with your service guy AND he's understanding
I don't know that I would go that far.

We also discussed the Syn3 in the 6 speed issue today as well and he gave me the straight company line.

Claimed to have talked with Milwaukee and that Syn3 in the 6 speed is still better than any other product. However he did qualify it with "that Harley offers".

Said he has not heard of any gear wear or blueing of tranny components. And that could well be true. The temps don't get too hot up here and most rides do not exceed 800 miles.

I have about 30K on a 5 speed with Syn3 in my Softail and I want to find someone with a bore scope to take a look inside. If I can't find that I will have to pull the oil bag so I can get the top cover off the trans to check it out.

Old 02-23-2006, 08:57 AM
cdn.biker
Advanced
Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the HD bulletin.

I called the Service Manager at my dealer who is in the middle of doing a 1550 kit on my 06 SG. He said they just received the bulletin yesterday. He has the new injectors on order for my bike.

Thanks Tom

Old 02-23-2006, 09:42 AM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

Claimed to have talked with Milwaukee and that Syn3 in the 6 speed is still better than any other product. However he did qualify it with "that Harley offers".
Think he better check again

Old 02-23-2006, 09:57 AM
MikeP
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will check with stealer today!

Old 02-23-2006, 10:38 AM
PEZ
Tourer

Hey bountyhunter

My 06 is the same as yours--I wonder if its bcause ours are both Canadian exports? I bought my bike in Owen Sound, and on the way home the bike died--turns out it was a bad injector (stuck open). Since the part was replaced,everything is AOK. Wondering if "domestic" bikes use a different injector for more strict US EPA standards?

PEZ--BTW-these kinds of posts make these forums worth their weight in gasoline! Way to go guys!

Old 02-23-2006, 11:20 AM
hdman
Road Captain

Unless the MOCO saw this coming and Ramped up inventory of new injectors, I see a delay in dealerships recieving the new injectors. Their first priority will be new injectors for the production Lines. I have NO proof on any of this, its just a personal thought......hdman

Old 02-23-2006, 01:55 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: TCSTD

Think he better check again
I know, I know.... Questioning these guys about Syn3 is like advocating revolution. They must be making a buttload of money from it.[:-]

Old 02-23-2006, 03:36 PM
akpackfan
Intermediate

Hey AK_Hog_Herder, which dealer did you talk to about the injectors? Anchorage? Wasilla? Kenai? Fairbanks? I live in Wasilla and would like to pursue this. Do you have a name for who you talked too? Thanks.

Old 02-23-2006, 03:42 PM
doomie19
Advanced

Unless the MOCO saw this coming and Ramped up inventory of new injectors, I see a delay in dealerships recieving the new injectors. Their first priority will be new injectors for the production Lines. I have NO proof on any of this, its just a personal thought......hdman
I'd say this is a good possibility as well. I got to thinking... some people on here are running 103ci motors on the stock injectors. If they flow enough to support more displacement, why wouldn't a simple re-map alone fix the problem? Or am I missing something? Like mine seems to run fine once you get the RPM's up there, it just needs to be fed more off-throttle to prevent the stalling problem. I'm looking at it like a water nozzle on your garden hose. A small nozzle isn't going to squirt much water if you've got the supply barely open. But open up the supply and that little nozzle will spray a stream across the yard. Don't really need a bigger nozzle, just need to increase the amount of water being fed to it. Make sense? [sm=smiley21.gif]

Old 02-23-2006, 03:52 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

Like mine seems to run fine once you get the RPM's up there, it just needs to be fed more off-throttle to prevent the stalling problem.
The stalling problem as you put it is not enough fuel being introduced into the cylinder to make the engine develop enough power to run properly. I believe the beginning of this problem stems from the fact of the EPA mandate with leaner fuel maps and maybe even a change in the injectors themselves in the new bikes. Now they play catch up to undo the problems they caused by doing this.

Using your theory about the hose, try taking an 1 1/2 hose and put a typical garden hose on the end of it and see if the flow that the larger hose is capable of is still there at the nozzle. Also don't confuse pressure and volume , you can have pressure and squirt clear across the yard and no volume where it would take forever to fill a bucket up.

Mechanics are sometimes lulled into a false sense of being when they check fuel pressure when diagnosing a problem with fuel injection and not checking volume also. You can have a pin hole restriction and develop enough pressure to think a motor will run, but you also need volume (quantity) to develop the power needed to run the engine properly and drive the vehicle down the street.

Quick Reply: HD service bullitan for 06 INJECTORS