Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD service bullitan for 06 INJECTORS

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 11:30 PM
Topper
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HD service bullitan for 06 INJECTORS

ORIGINAL: doomie19
The underlined portion about the engine being "configured correctly" and even mentioning exhaust and air cleaner makes me think that one of the "race only" parts would be an excuse not to perform this change. I purposely left my Glide absolutely stock for the first 1K miles to work out bugs just like this w/o getting any crap regarding warranty work because of something that I did. We'll see how things work out, I hope to hear something soon..

I may be wrong but according to my Service Manager, any changes by a Harley Dealer made within the first 60 days of delivery ARE Warrantied by Harley. Any confirmation on this anyone?

Old 02-23-2006, 12:22 AM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Read the bulletin earlier today and stopped at the dealer on the way home to talk to the service manager.

He had not seen the bulletin but looked it up while I was there.

The way he reads it is that there is basically nothing they have to prove to the MOCO nor is there a form to fill out.

Since all new bikes will have the injectors anyway his quote was "What the hell, let's order some".

So he is going to order up about 6 sets and put a set in my sled when they come in.

The key phrase in the bulletin is "In the interest of promoting customer satisfaction".

Old 02-23-2006, 12:39 AM
doomie19
Advanced

AK_Hog_Herder:

Since all new bikes will have the injectors anyway his quote was "What the hell, let's order some".

So he is going to order up about 6 sets and put a set in my sled when they come in.

The key phrase in the bulletin is "In the interest of promoting customer satisfaction".
That sure sounded easy! I also picked up on the customer satisfaction part. Maybe I should just try another dealer if things don't work out this go-around? It would be a shame because I've been treated absolutely first-class through the entire purchase process. I'd hate to see such a great start go bad over a couple injectors. I should also say that I haven't actually had any trouble getting the bulletin done yet either. I just didn't exactly get a warm reaction. Left me feeling a little anxious about what they were going to do... especially the "possible charge" part of it.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:43 AM
1potter1
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

im not having any noticable problems i.e cold starts, hesitation on my 06 ultra. should i go ahead and have my dealer install the cvo injector to improve the lean condition ?

Old 02-23-2006, 12:49 AM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: doomie19

That sure sounded easy! I also picked up on the customer satisfaction part. Maybe I should just try another dealer if things don't work out this go-around? It would be a shame because I've been treated absolutely first-class through the entire purchase process. I'd hate to see such a great start go bad over a couple injectors. I should also say that I haven't actually had any trouble getting the bulletin done yet either. I just didn't exactly get a warm reaction. Left me feeling a little anxious about what they were going to do... especially the "possible charge" part of it.
I started the conversation with "What are the chances of getting my injectors replaced under the Service Bulletin?"

I let him know that I had not experienced any of the problems described but that if they were going to ship them on new bikes anyway I thought it would be a good thing to have on mine.

Before he read the bulletin completely he did mention I could purchase them. I replied, that is true, but if the MOCO will pay you to do it why should I?

Old 02-23-2006, 12:51 AM
1potter1
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

what is the update on the ecm for the new cvo injectors, i want to make sure my dealer does all required worl.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:54 AM
doomie19
Advanced

That's probably a judgement call on your part. I'd tend to say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But I also don't see where it could really do any harm either.

I don't seem to have a cold start issue, it's just a general stumble and only right off idle. It's not something that happens all the time either. Here in NE Ohio I've been riding in the 25-45 degree range, so the cold temps might be causing my problem to show up more often. Once it's rolling I'm grinning from ear to ear. Stop lights are always an adventure because you don't know if it's gonna cut out when you go to take off or if it's gonna feed the gas like it's supposed to.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:55 AM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 1potter1

im not having any noticable problems i.e cold starts, hesitation on my 06 ultra. should i go ahead and have my dealer install the cvo injector to improve the lean condition ?
Well, if you can get it done for free, it can't hurt. You may not have issues now, but what about Summer or on a long trip?

The MOCO did not want to issue a recall on all 06 EFI units. They made a change in production and then will handle all others on a case by case basis based on the Service Bulletin.

If you are on good terms with the Service Manager and approach it in a straight forward manner you should not have any issues getting it done.

Old 02-23-2006, 01:00 AM
doomie19
Advanced

Sounds like you have a good relationship with your service guy AND he's understanding! Hopefully my experience is a good one. If not, I'm getting plenty of good ammo off this forum to pull out if needed!!! I've read some very good points in here that would be hard to argue against. [sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 02-23-2006, 02:30 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Roadie 49

Thanks for the heads up on the service bulletin. Took a copy to my dealer.
My bike is going in next week for the new injectors and download.
Hope this helps my overheating problem.
I wouldn't think that they already have the injectors in stock. My dealer is ordering them for me and will call when they come in, but has no idea right now when that will be. Maybe your dealer has a couple of the CVO injectors in stock, mine doesn't. I have a SERT so they will use that to make any adjustments instead of a download.

Quick Reply: HD service bullitan for 06 INJECTORS