Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat replacement for a tall rider

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Beercan321
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Seat replacement for a tall rider

I ride a Road King Custom and have a 36” inseam. The bike is a little cramped so I decided to order a new seat to raise me up and move me back a little bit. I ordered the Harley Tall Boy seat. The seat arrived today and I put it on the bike. The seat doesn’t feel bad but I just can’t get past the looks. The driver’s area looks fine but the passenger area looks too big. The seat looks ridiculous on the bike. I asked the wife what she thought and she said it looks like there is a sofa attached to the back fender.

What replacement seats do you taller riders use? I’ve been searching different web sites but the Harley Tall Boy seat is the only one I could find that is specifically made for taller riders. There has to be other types of seats on the market for tall guys. Can anyone give me seat manufacturers and models of seats that will accomplish the same thing as the Tall Boy seat yet not look so damn bad?

Sorry if this is a repost. I did a search but couldn’t find another thread that would help me out.

Thanks

Old 05-09-2008, 04:40 PM
hogbag07
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seat replacement for a tall rider

Corbin they will make the seat to suit you.
htt://www.corbin.com/

Old 05-09-2008, 05:17 PM
mtairy biker
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i ride mustang BUT i agree with corbin they will work with you my wife just got a classic solo and it is not hard like the old one and it does move you back a bunch

Old 05-09-2008, 06:46 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

I went the other way. I'm using a reach seat now. I have a long body length, from the point of looking over a 12 1/2" windshield on an 06 Ultra. My legs are a little cramped, but I think if the seat was set back in the saddle more it might help. It sure makes the bike feel a lot smaller. I should have done this a long time ago.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:10 PM
leond
Cruiser

I'm a big fan of Russell Day Long Saddles.

I'm on my fourth one on my '07 Electra Classic. They'll custom make it for your size AND weight. I've literally done twelve to fourteen hours days where everything on me was sore but my butt.

I'd get another one in a heartbeat.

LeonD

Old 05-10-2008, 07:52 AM
DaveMK
Road Master
Received 315 Likes on 142 Posts

I also have a 36" inseam. I put the TallBoy seat on my new 08 and it made all the difference in the world. It pushes you back two inches and keeps the height similar too stock. I felt like I was sitting on the tank before.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:57 AM
wideglidemike
Cruiser

I'm with ya bruthu' ...I bought the Tallboy seat for my 07 Wideglide and it sucks! I hate it. It is very slick also..Wait til you stop quickly...you'll slide forward on it. Very annoying. I'll be watching the replies to this post myself to come up with an alternative.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:05 AM
tna1000
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a corbin hollywood solo on mine. However, for an 05 model RK custom, they dont make a passenger pillion. So, I bought the pillion for the classic solo that they offer and modded it to work with the hollywood. Now the wife and I are both happy. I can really streatch out and she has alot of cushion.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:49 AM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the tallboy seat on my Ultra, and it's just ok. I'm good for 300 miles before serious monkey butt sets in. I'm looking at either Corbin or getting the foam reworked.

I tried a Mustang on my old Fatboy, and it just didn't work for me, seemed to be more uncomfortable than the original one. YOu're right, there's not a lot of options for the taller rider.