Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New '09 colors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 07:33 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New '09 colors?

ORIGINAL: Wally

Peppa1, I think you'll find the new bikes at the dealerships at or near the same time as the dealer show.I don't think they would have ordered them the day before.
The dealer show is only 90 days away.
Wally, I don't mind being corrected when I am wrong. I worked at a HD dealer for 2 1/2 years and know a little bit about how things operate. Here's really how it works:

Some dealers may start to receive some 09 bikes while they are at the dealer show in July however, these aren't bikes the dealer has ordered !! The first few that come in are just what the MOCO sends you,the dealerhas no say-so on what models/colors they are.

Then, while at the meeting the dealers do get to see all the models/colors and then get to order the bikes/colors that they really want. Also, depending on the allocation of bikes the dealer gets he has to order a certain amount of each type, Sporty, Dyna, Softail, Touring etc. You can't just get what you think will sell, you have to order a little bit of everything.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:43 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you order the bikes?

Old 05-13-2008, 08:58 AM
AZdryheat
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 05-13-2008, 09:33 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Hey peppa,

What you said isEXACTLY what thesales guytold me when he called. Either a bunch of salespeople from all over the US have gotten together and formed a huge conspiracy to fake-out their customers, or you're correct about how the early new bike shipments work.

Ride safe and best wishes,

John

Old 05-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member

I no longer work at the dealership. Why do you ask if I order the bikes ?

Old 05-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member

AZdryheat are you just adding little icons to post just to get your # of posts up ??? Not sure why people do that ??[sm=confused06.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=bustedsign.gif]

Old 05-13-2008, 11:16 AM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: peddler

Trike can't really be considered a rumor. The partnership between Lehman and HD was nnounced 2(?) years ago. That's not a question of "if" but "when."

I've seen colors before the dealer meeting before. I don't believe that's uncommon. What features will be introduced/continued/discontinued? That's dealer meeting info.
This is true. I think this may be the big product this year. I have never been into trikes, but some will be interested. The newCanAm Spyder has drawn some interest from new/young riders. I think you also may see a 883 nightster. Recently HD has been saving one new model for mid model year. I remeber last year the Rocker had already been leaked out before the dealer meeting, but this year I have not heard anything on a new model. I am starting to wonder if there is a new model this year or not because they just put out the cross bones.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:19 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

I'm not a betting man but if I were there would be two things I would bet on.

1. Somewhere in the world the sun will come up tomorrow and
2. Harley will have at least one new model every year.

I could be wrong but Harley's history of new models would suggest this is a good bet.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Zack
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Colors of the new models are usually released in June. Has been that way for several years. Info about the new models is released during the dealer meeting in July.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:45 PM
rock30
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings,
If what you say is true...why was I able to order (this past weekend) an 09 Flame Blue and Pewter Pearl ECG for a late July delivery? The color chart was already out as of this past week..

Doc

Quick Reply: New '09 colors?