Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My blond moment

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Born2cure
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My blond moment

I had a major blond moment yesterday. I was out wiping down the scoot, when I noticed the Aux Lights and switch were out. Couldn’t figure it out! I took the bag off the side cover went through the fuses all intact. Then a buddy call, I told him my problem he asked me the only question that made sense and I hadn’t tried. You got it the high beams were on. I really had a blond moment! Took the opportunity to clean the bike with bags off so it did work out well. Thought I would share this moment so others may laugh.
Ride safe!John

Old 05-09-2008, 04:44 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: My blond moment

we've all done it. was about ta jump the batterie on the mower yesterday when i realized it was in gear. LOL

Old 05-09-2008, 04:55 AM
Araba Shriner
Road Master

the high beams were on
That made me smile... Yessir we've all done it.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:31 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

HA.... I also tried to start mower with it in GEAR....$hit i thought, that batteries only a year old!!!!.Then i remembered o-yea.CLUTCH...Hope i dont do that again till next year!!!! R.W.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:34 AM
dchoran
Road Warrior

Where I come from, it is called "DUMB ***".

Been there, done that.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:05 AM
munch34m
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had 2 blonde moments already this year, and the riding season is only 2 weeks old *LOL* First one was when I pulled the sportster out and get it all put back together. Battery charged an in, seat on, wiped down and ready to fire. Key in, Run switch on, enricher out, cranking over like a son of a "b". Just won't fire. Turning the petcock on solved that problem after a 5 minute rant!!! Second was, I pulled over on the side of the highway, on the Ultra,to light a smoke and make a phone call. Was facing down a hill. Instead of rolling down the hill I throw the bike into first gear and light my smoke and make my call. Go to leave and the damn bike won't start. I'm walking around trying to figure out why it won't start. It's gotta be the security system, nope that aint it, the oil light is on constantly, check oil, it's fine. It's 3 minutes to closing at the local Harley shop, I gotta phone them before it closes to get it brought over to them, I grab the phone, and am just about to dial, when I decide to give it one last chance. I pull the clutch in, hit the starter and she fires right up. OH YEAH RIGHT, PARKED IT IN GEAR!!!!

Old 05-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Velobob
Advanced

When I jump the mower he get pi**ed & starts yelling at me in spanish.
Velobob

Old 05-09-2008, 08:36 AM
kb5rnl
Intermediate

I found out about the safety switch on the new ultra. Leading a group of 12 bikes. Wife and I jump on the scoot, hit the start button, nothing. Check everything I can think of. I tell the group to go on. Everyone sitting there with motor running. A new ultra owner walks over and ask, is it in gear. I put it in neutral and she fires up. Harley with a clutch safety switch? Its about time.

John

Old 05-09-2008, 09:56 AM
The Old Man
Road Master

I had one about 40 years ago on a Honda Cub 50......turned the key on to acc. and it would not start. Had a couple of guys a the local gas station push me all around the pumps for about 20 minutes trying to jump start it. Then I notices the key postion and turned it to to correct position an it started right up and I took off. Glad even a little 50cc could out run the rockes they threw at me. Still brings a smile to my face even today....

Old 05-09-2008, 10:05 AM
meanbite
Road Warrior

I once argued with a girl that I had one of her bras at my house. We went back and forth for two days till she came over to get it. Turns out it was her roomates. [8D]

Quick Reply: My blond moment