Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HeLP>>>Engine Dies

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 03:02 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: HeLP>>>Engine Dies

Many 07s have posted about this problem and various things were posted as cures. Start by checking for loose connectors including grds.Like you stated no codes are usually ever thrown.Ignition switches have cured some, speed sensor, wiring under tank,but on mine it was the crank sensor.The bike would just die even at hwy speeds and would happen when it felt like it.Your dealer should have some idea of this complaint,if not the mothership should have some ideas for them to try.Dont let them tell it has never been heard of,I complained back in Oct of 07,and take the time to post this problem on the NHTSA website before it kills someone.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:46 PM
baggerider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if not the mothership should have some ideas for them to try.Dont let them tell it has never been heard of,I complained back in Oct of 07,and take the time to post this problem on the NHTSA website before it kills someone.

Good advice. I have Customer Service Reference numbers to back up the complaint.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Coffeeman
Advanced

Thanks for the ideas. I have an appointment with the dealership on Wednesday... I'll see what that they say. At theast I have an idea of what "might" be the problem.

mark

Old 10-23-2008, 08:42 PM
harleymom
1st Gear
Default we also had the stalling issue

Don't know what your problem turned out to be, but we also had the stalling issue, but only when we started slowing down. Not good on curvy roads. We could hold the throttle and it would stay running but let off for a second and it would die. turn the ignition switch off and right back on at a stop sign and it would start up no problem and run without issue for the rest of the ride or sometimes for days then all of a sudden happen again. We took in 3 times but they were not able to get it to happen for them. The could not get any error codes or anything either, but last trip, for a split second, it droped the voltage while on the machine down to below 12v. they decided to change the voltage regulator and thankfully it seems to have worked. We have a 2007 Ultra Classic