Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who here has T-Rex true duals????

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Who here has T-Rex true duals????

Mine just arrived. They look good...no cosmetic problems that I can see. I will be installing them Friday...the SG is in getting the 103" installed.

I was wondering if anyone that has the T-Rex TDs have a close up pic of the header pipe installed? I want to see how close the heat shields are to the head/exhaust flange.

Thanks.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:54 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Who here has T-Rex true duals????

I've had a set and removed them. Will look for a photo. I do remember that the shield is like right on top of the header flange and was a real PITA getting to the nut to thighten and remove it.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:15 AM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I too had a set and tossed them in the trash on a road trip. They are obnoxiously loud and gave me a headache even with ear plugs. It was a very expensive lesson in buying something factory direct without seeing or hearing. They do look awesome!

I used a 1/4 drive socket with a universal to install mine. I also used SE gaskets. It's a tight fit. Don't forget to re-torque

Old 05-08-2008, 07:41 AM
SmokinRK
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them on my RK and also used a 1/4 drive with a universal to install them.

My first set had to go back because the heat shield on the front pipe was too close to the frame and would touch. I called HK and they were very cool about it. They basically said that the pipe wasn't inserted all the way into the jig before the laser made the cut. I had a replacement set waiting for me the next day. They were easy to install with a buddy and a couple beers.

They are in my opinion the best sounding exhaust on the market. A lot of folks on forums talk about the "true harley sound" you will see when you get them installed that they are dead on, or perhaps you have already heard them and know that.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:50 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

easy install. I'm sure you will be alright

Old 05-08-2008, 09:33 AM
treeboy97Flht
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had them on myElectraglide and also used a 1/4 drive with a universal to install them.The shields were right against the engine fins, tight fit.

I was forced to ride in the back of groups on long rides, I took them off after a trip to NC and back. I think I had hearing damage for a week and hitting to throttle too hard between a camper and cement wall. ( I know a thing about hearing damage working near or on the flightline) They were so loud I had a friend drive 70 miles to help me change them out, he wanted to do it before we road together to New Hampshire.

Great sound, but after my 95 build they became to loud.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks for the help guys.

Now I'm curious as what these are going to sound like with the 103" kit.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:42 PM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: brypink

Thanks for the help guys.

Now I'm curious as what these are going to sound like with the 103" kit.
I sustained hearing damge in Nam and these babies were still brutal. They really look great!!! But you will probably change them after the amusement wears off. Personally, I prefer my Thunderheader 2-1 with a Ghost pipe. Get the 1/4 drive and universal and hit the road. No point in what we say, you'll decide for yourself soon enough. I may have kept mine if I didn't ride with others (behind me) and if my longest ride was maybe 3-4 hours. I hope you like them!