Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 SG Klock Werks Windshield Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008 | 07:05 AM
G$
Road Captain
From: LexVegas, KY...home of fast wimmen & beautiful horses

....the 2-pocket w/s bag works with the KW Flare.

I hate riding with ANY windshield (especially w/ a helmet)....but this one absolutely rocks. Plus it just looks @@s!

Old 08-14-2008 | 08:28 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

I'm 6' with a 32" inseam and bought a 9 1/2" Clearview with Recurve.
I can ride with a regular hat on, with the visor in front. Speeds up to 65 mph.

I can hear the radio fine too.
70 mph starts to get a little windy for the radio, but I can still hear it okay.

I do have the Fork Baffle and Side Fairing Wings though too.

Old 08-14-2008 | 08:35 AM
mcmaster68
Advanced

Great info, thinking about the Clearview myself. Anyone buy one of the blemished shields I think I could save approx. $20 and the owner says that you can't even tell. Ride Safe!

Old 08-14-2008 | 08:42 AM
07flicks
Cruiser

not a big fan of the look try a 6.5" clearview recurve. It will suit your purpose quite well

Old 08-14-2008 | 08:50 AM
FLHTim
Cruiser

Cee Bailey makes the SSC. It comes in several sizes. I have a light smoked 13" and a dark smoked 12". They are not for everyone but I like em it gives the bike a more flowing look.

Old 08-14-2008 | 10:37 AM
supra6909
Advanced

i've had the kw for 1k miles, switched to a 8" and put the kw back on after about 100 miles. i like the look better. i've never liked shields and wanted the smallest i can get by with. it keeps my glasses from hopping around.

Old 08-14-2008 | 10:53 AM
harley1005
Tourer
Default Wind Vest

Personally I'm going to run the KW on my in progress 2008 SG build, but here is another awesome windshield that comes in 4", 6" and 8" heights. Go to windvest.com and pull up "Touring Harley's". I think a lot of you will really like this windshield.

Old 08-14-2008 | 11:11 AM
realbiker
Cruiser

This subject has come up many times as of late. First, the short wind deflector ( not windshield ) is the look of a StreetGlide! It was intended to be a cool custom bagger version of the loved Tour family from the MoCo. Everyone weighs in usually saying how the windshield didn't work as good as taller one ( Duh! ). The StreetGlide is lower, monochromed ( lack of fender chrome etc.), no white walls. And didn't have the intensions of having the best wind deterent at highways speeds! I have bought 6 windshields looking for the best compromise in looks and protection. I usually changed quite often, depending on my feelings. The stock 4" for city cruising and short rides, a 6.5" for trips of distance. A few months back, I noticed this shield on someones avatar. I thought it looked killer. I inquired and got the answer back to it being a Klockwerks. I purchased one, and it has been a great windshield for me, less buffeting on my face ( glasses area ). And the looks I get and the inquires are cool too! I'm personally sold on it, and I will buy another for a spare. PS, the other windshields I have are destined for the shelf from now on! My 2 cents

Last edited by realbiker; 08-14-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-14-2008 | 11:19 AM
Mr Wasabi
Cruiser

Originally Posted by realbiker
This subject has come up many times as of late. First, the short wind deflector ( not windshield ) is the look of a StreetGlide! It was intended to be a cool custom bagger version of the loved Tour family from the MoCo. Everyone weighs in usually saying how the windshield didn't work as good as taller one ( Duh! ). The StreetGlide is lower, monochromed ( lack of fender chrome etc.), no white walls. And didn't have the intensions of having the best wind deterent at highways speeds! I have bought 6 windshields looking for the best compromise in looks and protection. I usually changed quite often, depending on my feelings. The stock 4" for city cruising and short rides, a 6.5" for trips of distance. A few months back, I noticed this shield on someones avatar. I thought it looked killer. I inquired and got the answer back to it being a Klockwerks. I purchased one, and it has been a great windshield for me, less buffeting on my face ( glasses area ). And the looks I get and the inquires are cool too! I'm personally sold on it, and I will buy another for a spare. PS, the other windshields I have are destined for the shelf from now on! My 2 cents
Which height did you get and how tall are you? I don't want to go too high but still would like some better protection. I'm 5'9". Will the 6.5" Klock Werks be sufficient?

Thanks.

Old 08-14-2008 | 11:32 AM
realbiker
Cruiser

Mr Wasabi, I'm 5' 11", and Klockwerks makes only one. A 6.5" version. I would think it should work for you too! Good luck

Quick Reply: 08 SG Klock Werks Windshield Opinion