Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CB/Intercom help

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 05:38 PM
hogdvr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB/Intercom help

In my 2006 FLHTCU owners manual on page 118 it says: "Always verify that the CB is off so that private intercom conversation will not be transmitted".

Since this is my first time using this setup I want to make sure I get it correctly.

1. If I use the VOX NOT PTT and speak to my passenger will that automatically transmit over the CB?

2. If I want to have the CD on, the Intercomon, AND the CB on at the same time will all my intercom traffic be audible over the CB?

Old 05-06-2008, 05:56 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
Default RE: CB/Intercom help

hogdvr ,,,,,,

the only time any of your conversations will go out over the Cb is when you actually depress the CB TX button and hold while talking ,,,,, JMJOHN ,.,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,,,,

Old 05-06-2008, 06:24 PM
DLeppik
Advanced

And let me tell ya its been done......You get into the habit of pushing the TX CB button when riding in groups...I have road with friends that PUSH the TX button when talking to their passenger.

Just waht JMJOHN said...You can have your intercom and CB on at the same time. The intercom is VOX and the CB you have to push the TX button... #2. No....And you have separate volume controls for all....You can set your intercom/CB volume in setup mode OR when receiving a CB signal or VOX is activated.. AM/FM/CD/AUX volome whenever not in setup mode or receiving VOX or CB signal.

Get it all set up in the garage before leaving and until you get use to it pull over to make any adjustments...Just to be safe....

Old 05-06-2008, 06:51 PM
rinja64
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I had a tough time trying to figure this all out myself...Like they said, get in the garage and play with the settings....It took me a few tries but now, everything works fine...
One thing I had to explain to my wife, since she has a soft voice and it was hard to hear her,talk to me like I did something wrong...Boy oh boy she comes in loud and clear now....
Currently, I have a cheap head set and helmet speakers..Hopefully with my economic stimulas check, I will be sharing it withJMJOHN here soon...

Old 05-06-2008, 08:02 PM
hogdvr
Cruiser

Many thanks guys. :-) It'll go easy now. I was just a little worried the way the manual read.