Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"McCuff" Anti-Spill Gas Sleeve.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Dispatch
Road Warrior

Received 531 Likes on 273 Posts
Default "McCuff" Anti-Spill Gas Sleeve.

I bought one of those "McCuffs" from J&P Cycles in Daytona Beach, Florida. I tried it out on a 2008 Heritage Softail Classic. The very first time I used it, I let itfill up the tank until it shut off by itself as the instructions say to do. When I removed the gas hose and then the McCuff, it left a large ring of gasoline on the bottom lip of the McCuff and on the edge of gas tank cap hole. This caused the excess gasoline to run downall over thetank. I tried it a week later on a 2008 Road Glide, it did it again. This was exactly what it was not'supposed' to do.I have found the companies claims to be completely unfounded. I feel, this product is nodifferent from any of those worthless'As Seen On TV' gimmicks you see on late night television. I post this as an F.Y.I., as to keeppeople from buying a useless product, you'll only be returning it for a refund, as I did.Good luck.[sm=forgetit.gif]

Old 05-06-2008, 03:06 PM
hyfly1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "McCuff" Anti-Spill Gas Sleeve.

I was just looking at ordering one of those last weekend. Thanks for the advice!

Old 05-06-2008, 05:49 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Good heads up.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:51 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for being the "test dummy".......

sorry it didn't work - I was looking at one too.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:13 PM
njdiver
Road Captain

Thanks for letting us know, I was thinking about buying one of those to prevent the gas from hitting the tank but now you saved me the trouble.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:29 PM
rickxx
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what, no pics! j/k. thanks for the411 (or is it 911)...i'm so outta touch.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:39 PM
dbird
Cruiser

You people will buy anything

Old 05-06-2008, 09:12 PM
NoVaThunder
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you remove your gas cap keep it in your opposite hand. When the pumpshuts off, as you remove the nozzle from the tank, place the upsidedown gas cap under the hose as you move it across your paint.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:15 PM
bigjohn1percenter
Tourer

if you cant fill up your bike tank without spilling fuel, you shouldn't be riding it or operating a gas pump, its really not that hard boys, if its that bad, let your girlfriend/wife do it........................ she seems to do ok with that SUV she drives around .......................

Old 05-06-2008, 09:26 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigjohn1percenter

if you cant fill up your bike tank without spilling fuel, you shouldn't be riding it or operating a gas pump, its really not that hard boys, if its that bad, let your girlfriend/wife do it........................ she seems to do ok with that SUV she drives around .......................

before you jump on someone, get all the facts. the mccuff sleeve is supposed to help you out for those pumps that have that 'vapor recovery' vacuum seal hose on the dispenser. just by itself, you can't pump gas into the tank and watch for it to get near the top. you can't even just push up the tubing thing on the nozzle, it has to 'seal' against something in order to pump fuel. they are a royal pain in the ****, if you let it seal on your tank, then it will shut off around a half tank, then you can try and fill the rest of the way 3 cents at a time....

what i found works good is to take one of the paper towels from the dispenser and wrap it around the nozzle. then push the tubing up with the towel. this moves it far enough up the nozzle where you can see how much fuel is going in your tank, and also 'seals' the vacuum thing so that the pump will actually engage. its cheap (well, free) and then i don't have to carry some gas smelling thing around in my saddlebag.

Quick Reply: "McCuff" Anti-Spill Gas Sleeve.