Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"McCuff" Anti-Spill Gas Sleeve.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 02:58 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: "McCuff" Anti-Spill Gas Sleeve.

ORIGINAL: skratch

ORIGINAL: TuffSporty

I'm not sure about the "needs a seal to pump" thing.. not true here in could ol' tree huggin' Cali. Ya just gotta pull the boot far enough back from the nozzle end.
they just put these new fangled high faluten pumps in here on post in louisiana. if the boot does not seal, it will not pump, period. you can move the boot all over, but the handle just flops around, it will not 'engage'. now if you use the paper towel to seal it, it works great. the first time i tried filling my bike up at one of the new pumps, it damn near took 15 minutes. and i still was only at 3/4 max. thats when i took a minute to think, and tried the paper towel, and dang if it didn't work.
I haven't seen one that has to seal yet either, but I did watch a guy remove one with a sharp Buck knife. That seemed to work pretty well. Just gotta change a little how you pump and maybe be a bit more careful. Too many gimmicks out there to protect us from ourselves.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:11 PM
hawg03
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one and it works for me. Use to have problems filling by having to pull back and hold the nozzle boot so the dispenser trigger would activate. Now I put this rubber sleeve on (Sounds like putting on a condom!), fill up and it clicks off right at the top! I thought the same thing before, another gimmick. On the first fill, I had to make sure the nozzle goes all the way thru into the tank (Read directions...). After I got used to it, no problems at all. I have yet to overfill. The little bag that comes with it, seals up pretty well. I have no fuel smell in my hardbags. Just my .02...

Old 05-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Dispatch
Road Warrior

Received 531 Likes on 273 Posts

What the hell, If it works for some and not for others(myself included), why not use it. This was just my experience.Maybe I was doing it wrong or maybe mine was defective, I'm not sure which. I did'exactly'as it said to do, exactly. I even let 3 other friends try it out on their Harleys and it did the same thing to them,(spill). There's nothing wrong with trying out new things to make your life easier. It doesn't make you a yuppiejust because you earn enough money to have a few comforts. If that was the case, why have a motorcycle at all?Not all thingscompanies produce are worth a damn. Even Harley Davidson has made some 'questionable' products themselves in the past. What about the cast aluminum Harley shift rod lever,the teeth wear out only aftera couple thousand miles. Then you've got a major job to replace it. Nothing last these days. Enjoy it while you have it. It'll all belong to someone else someday soon.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:11 PM
harris48cars
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I was going to post a question regarding filling the tank on the new bikes with the 6 gallon tank, But let me pose the question in this thread. My 08 SG is very difficult to fill. The last half gallon takes forever and inevitably I end up getting it too full. Does anyone else have this problem with the 6 gallon tank or just me. Btw, doesn't HD have a smart enough engineering department to re-design the door hinges to have the lid (SG, Ultra, etc) covering the gas cap, fold forward instead backwards towards the seat. I mean, what a pain to get the gas nozzel in the opening with the lid in the way.
Gary

Old 05-08-2008, 09:00 AM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good post saved me $$$