Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smart Siren II / Pager Reviews/opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 10:06 AM
tmccop2002@gmail.com
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sensitivity

I haven't got the pager yet. (It's in the mail).
But I've had the siren for a couple if days now. I tested it out only AFTER someone messed with my bike and the alarm DID NOT go off.
I'm at Harley dealership now checking to see if the sensitivity can be adjusted. If it can't, then I feel it was a waste of money. If it can be adjusted then I'll let ya know. But as of right now, I'm not a happy camper.

The following users liked this post:
electra_boogaloo (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 01:26 PM
electra_boogaloo
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by tmccop2002@gmail.com
I haven't got the pager yet. (It's in the mail).
But I've had the siren for a couple if days now. I tested it out only AFTER someone messed with my bike and the alarm DID NOT go off.
I'm at Harley dealership now checking to see if the sensitivity can be adjusted. If it can't, then I feel it was a waste of money. If it can be adjusted then I'll let ya know. But as of right now, I'm not a happy camper.
don't forget to keep us updated.

with the alarm, do you have to disarm the bike like you would a car remote or is it range sensitive? can i just walk up and start my bike like i do with the keyfob i'm already using?

also, do they make a system that shoot hooks out of the floorboards to keep offenders on the bike until they can be properly beaten? and lastly, did they ever make a saddlebag sized trunk monkey?

Old 03-07-2017, 01:33 PM
tmccop2002@gmail.com
Stage IV

Originally Posted by electra_boogaloo
don't forget to keep us updated.

with the alarm, do you have to disarm the bike like you would a car remote or is it range sensitive? can i just walk up and start my bike like i do with the keyfob i'm already using?

also, do they make a system that shoot hooks out of the floorboards to keep offenders on the bike until they can be properly beaten? and lastly, did they ever make a saddlebag sized trunk monkey?
Those are awesome alarm ideas! If you find any, let me know. LOL!
Anyway, the dealership says that there is no way to change the sensitivity of the alarm. So... people are able to get into the saddlebags, trunk, anything they want without setting the alarm off.
If the bike is taken off the kickstand and lifted or if the ignition is turned on, then the alarm will sound.

Old 03-07-2017, 01:47 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

My system is still working fine ..It sure gives me peace of mind when I spend the night in a hotel room or whatever ..

The following users liked this post:
electra_boogaloo (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 02:09 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 658 Likes on 435 Posts

Firstly- congrats on waking up an 11 year old thread. Gotta be close to a record.

Secondly- The alarm will quiet down when it detects the fob.

Thirdly- All the siren does is respond to the same triggers that flash the lights on and off as part of the base security system. The alarm wasn't designed to go off when the tourpack or saddlebag lids are opened. You have to move the bike or try and start it with the fob out of range while ignoring the prompt to enter the PIN.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:14 PM
tmccop2002@gmail.com
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Brewmany
Firstly- congrats on waking up an 11 year old thread. Gotta be close to a record.

Secondly- The alarm will quiet down when it detects the fob.

Thirdly- All the siren does is respond to the same triggers that flash the lights on and off as part of the base security system. The alarm wasn't designed to go off when the tourpack or saddlebag lids are opened. You have to move the bike or try and start it with the fob out of range while ignoring the prompt to enter the PIN.
1st - Sorry for waking the 11 yr old thread giant
2nd - I understand how that works. And I understood it when I punched the alarm.
3rd - the reason I believed that the alarm was more sensitive than it is is because of different videos and reviews that I saw and read before the purchase. As stated above in my previous response, I now see how the alarm works and how it doesn't work.
Lastly - thank you for your response.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:46 PM
30glock
Road Warrior
Received 371 Likes on 237 Posts

Resurrection!! Well I cant get this to pair, tried everything, I'm assuming I have the smart siren 2, It's a 15 cvo, I have the rechargeable pager. Any advise appreciated.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:58 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

The stock alarm on my CVO was the standard version, no pager use. I had to purchase the module for pager use. They are different. Pull your side cover off where the alarm module is and see if it has the wire antenna. If it does, it should work wiht pager if you followed the pairing procedure. No antenna wire, outta luck

Old 09-23-2017, 06:25 AM
1340hog
Tourer
Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

I installed the siren II and the non chargeable pager a few years back and love it.The first time i woke up in a hotel and looked at the pager and saw the range light not working,i quickly looked out the window to see if the bike was there.I'm glad the bike was right out side because i would have look crazy running down the stairs in my undies to check the bike.my only complaint with the system is once in a while when i stand the bike up the siren will churp.Its not a big deal because it only does it once in a while.As long as it doesn't happen more often i'm not going to worry about it.It does give you piece of mind at hotels and any place your bike is out of sight.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:39 PM
kevbo
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone try this knock off on flee-bay?

HARLEY DAVIDSON SIREN II SIREN 2, AFTERMARKET PLUG N PLAY NO CUT OR SPLICE ALARM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/301655723511?

$19.99

Quick Reply: Smart Siren II / Pager Reviews/opinions