Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H.O.G.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 05:37 AM
omega5m14
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: H.O.G.

That'd be great if you like to socialize but that's not me.
Not only that, but the nearest chapter is at my dealer, 50
miles away. I just don't have the time.
Thanks for the insite though,

Old 05-06-2008, 05:46 AM
roxnatwist
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm nota big socializer either; I prefer to ride alone or with a small group of friends. I had heard the horror stories about the roadside assistance so I added it to my insurance policy and blew off the H.O.G. renewal. Personally, I don't see the value in it but that's just me. I think, if you had a hard time making friends and wanted to meet a bunch of new people it would be great...just not my thing.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:07 AM
OregonRoadKing
Tourer

One thing about the HOG groups is that you can go on rides with them without joining. So, you can see if what they do fits your interests or not. I belong to the local HOG chapter and go on some of the rides, because sometimes it is fun to ride with a group somewhere. 99% of the time I ride alone. The occasional group ride is a chance to socialize with a group with common interests. The group I belong to works out OK. They are nice to everyone, ride reasonably, teach folks how to ride safely in a group, and have a variety of rides throughout the year to interesting places. They have a Friday night ride from May through September where we ride 30-50 miles and end up at a resturant or bar for dinner. I do that every now and then if the ride interests me.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Chrizzby
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

HOG Chapters are what you put into them, I joined the Local Chapter 3 years ago, now I am the Editor for my chapter.I meet a lot of real nice people and they are now my extended family. I put a lot of my own time into the club. I work with the other officers to make it work for everyone. I find that you cant please everyone all the time so just enjoy the ride. Meet new people and go on as many trips as you can, the overnighters are usually the best trips. Don't be afraid to check out other chapters also, the more the merrier. HOG Chapters charge about $20 to $24 to join, So what's the big deal? spend the $20 and enjoy it !

Chrizzby
Staten Island HOG Editor

Chrome or Cleavage....

You can never get enough of either...

Old 05-06-2008, 10:22 AM
gene01
Road Captain

I belong to 2 local hog chapters, one is huge and the other is large, the larger is about 500 members and the smaller is 350 members, I pick and chose what I want to do with them... I go on about 12 rides with them a year, that makes it worth it to me.... they both have breakfast lunch, brunch and dinner rides all of the time, I typically go on the long rides only, not so much the social rides... I enjoy it, as for the roadside, my experience has been great, had a flat tire, they came out in about 30 minutes, picked up my bike , took it to the dealer, another hour there and I had a new tire and was back on the rode, I had the extended warranty and the tire was included NO CHARGE.... that made it all worth it to me.........

Old 05-06-2008, 10:39 AM
US Rider
Cruiser

Typically the sponsoring dealer gives members a discount, usually 10% to 15%. I know alot of people use the internet for discounts, but I still manage to save more than the price of membership by the end of the year.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:57 AM
reeac
Tourer

$45 for membership and another $25 for local chapter. Not worth the money for what you get.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:26 AM
dshukwit
Advanced

You should contact your sponsoring dealer and check into when there meeting are and if they have rides scheduled. I wouldn't think they would contact you. If your dealer has a web site they would normally have a link to your local H.O.G. chapter.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Dashoe31
Intermediate

I belong to a really good chapter. We have a lot of rides, do a lot of charity events, last year we raised about $6000 for our version of Toys for Tots, this year we are raffling off a bike for charity. You get out of it what you put into it. Solo riding is for some people, others like group activities, no right ot wrong answers, just what's right for you. To say HOG isn't worth it, personal preference is what it comes down to.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:01 PM
88b
Tourer

ORIGINAL: reeac

$45 for membership and another $25 for local chapter. Not worth the money for what you get.
Double those prices if you live in Europe. Two things you have to remember
#1 HOG is primarily there to draw in even more money for Harley Davidson, who also just happen to be possibly the best marketing people in the world. Once you can live with that and accept it everything else falls into place. Chapters are sponsered by dealers so it also goes in the same sort of direction.
#2 You get out of a chapter what you put into it. Doesn't matter what sort of club it is from kids soccer to Harley's , there are those that just get on with it and make things happen for everyone, those that do nothing but whine, those that expect everything done for them when they want it, and those that just want to get on with everyone and enjoy their bikes.
I was never ever going to join a HOG chapter, 7 years on I'm an assistant director and head road captain of probably one of the best UK chapters with 330 members.

If you enjoy it great , if you don't fine, just don't keep whineing about it, everyone is different.

Quick Reply: H.O.G.