Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra Classic Licence Plate Options???

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

I put the quick detach kit on my bike, installed a set of Gem Lights now that the rail is gone... actually had a custom blue dot light done and then got a bracket that Idaspud's son made here that put's it up and under the left bag and since I am running Fatcat pipes, tis perfect for me. Search in the classifieds and he's got some pix posted of them. Top quality and powder coated. Just add an LED light on the plate and you're done.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:19 PM
YT
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I changed mine and I'm trying to work out what I'm going to do with that "U" Bar thats left behind. I like my set-up but I wish my license plate would wrap around the fender. Because of the angle the mounting points on bracket were cut to enable the bolt holes to line up with the fender and the light bar, the plate bracket is fixed and unable to bend or wrap without misaligning the bolt holes. It was a very close tolerance fit but if I were to bend it the holes would not align...

Attached Thumbnails  Ultra Classic Licence Plate Options???-rear-3-copy.jpg    Ultra Classic Licence Plate Options???-rear-2-copy.jpg  
Old 01-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Nut08Ultra
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
The only problem with the Electra Glide plate frames is that the darn thing is part of the tour pak support. You can take the streetglide/roadglide plate and signal bar mount setup, but then you're left with that gawdy hunk o' metal supporting your tourpak. Now, if someone were to come up with say a bar & shield type metal outline to replace that piece of metal then it might look pretty cool.
So I know this is an old thread but you have been doing all the things that I am looking to do and pop up in just about every thread so I have to ask... did anything come about it for replacing that ugly support behind the plate? heck I don't even know if i will move the plate anywhere but I might at least cut some off the bottom to get rid of the reflector part if I can. What did you end up doing?

I also plan to do the smoked lense kits on the rear and the place you posted in that thread looks like a good place to start! Thanks

Old 03-13-2012, 02:53 PM
bpete707
Stage III

2007 ultra classic i replaced my tail lights and turn signals and moved license plate down low now i have that ugly old bracket under the tour pack seeing that the bracket is 14 bucks on ebay and i could if i need to replace it cheep i have decided to take my original bracket and band saw just the two side pieces to make it useable to support the tour pack ill post photos soon before and after
license plate mount relocator relocation mount bracket hardware support structure for harley davidson ultra classic 2007 tour pack

Old 03-13-2012, 05:25 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a setup from a 2009 Road King.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:17 PM
bpete707
Stage III
Default 2007 ultra classic tour pack support / license plate mount

2007 ultra classic tour pack license plate bracket issues

so i took off the shinny silver plate holder / tour pack support and used a band saw to trim off every thing but the sides that support the tour pack painted them black and reinstalled them now you can hardly notice them until i can find a manufacture that specifically makes such a device this will do for now it beats the hell out of that gaudy thing that harley put on there

i have not figured out how to put photos on here to show you but i will shortly

i guess i need to make my photos smaller and get adobe photo shop but i will get them on here some how

Old 03-14-2012, 03:21 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 397 Likes on 339 Posts

use a free photobucket account

mike

Old 03-14-2012, 03:23 PM
bpete707
Stage III

click on my user name and you can see a photo of how i trimmed down the license plate /tour pack support that is original equipment with this bike

i moved my plate to the bottom so i didn't want that big shinny thing showing up, under the tour pack

Old 03-14-2012, 06:59 PM
nyokie
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i went with the tag bracket from softbrake.com that moves it under taillight and a HID tailight that doesnt have the tag light window in it

Old 03-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Nut08Ultra
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bpete707
click on my user name and you can see a photo of how i trimmed down the license plate /tour pack support that is original equipment with this bike

i moved my plate to the bottom so i didn't want that big shinny thing showing up, under the tour pack
You ain't kiddin' you trimmed it down! You aren't afraid there isn't enough material there for appropriate support, Especially at that angle? It looks good, just would worry its not strong enough.

Quick Reply: Ultra Classic Licence Plate Options???