Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP : Radio Shack Alarm Install 07 Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Stash
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP : Radio Shack Alarm Install 07 Ultra

Only I could screw a easy project up. Doing the Radio Shack Alarm install. Removed bags and side cover from my 07 Ultra.

Heres the deal: I removed side cover and took off ECM. It was not necessary to take ECM off because plug was not under ECM, but next to it. I have two plugs: one appears as a regular wiring harness plug. Removed cover off plug revealing four holes...much like a trailer hitch plug. The4 wire colors are: purple/blue stripe...purple/orange stripe...green...and black. When I tried to simply stick wires into the holes....alarm let out a couple of faint scratchy sounds...nothing resembling an alarm.

There is also a second plug next to the first one. Remove the cover on plug,and it is a deep plug with three pins inside. The 3 wire colors are: grey...green/black stripe....and black/blue stripe. I tried to one again stick the siren wire into the holes next to the pins and the alarm did the same thing. A couple of faint scratchy sounds.

Help! A previous post said not to cut wiring harness head...simply match red siren to brown in harness and black siren to green on bike and stick wires in and tape up. BUT I THOUGHT I WAS LOOKING FOR A THREE WIRE PLUG with black...brown...and green wires?

I have a 4 wire plug (trailer hitch type) and a 3 wire plug (pin type).

Help?????

Old 05-03-2008, 12:23 PM
CherryHog
Road Master
Location: west of the west side of Indy, many miles from nowhere
Default RE: NEED HELP : Radio Shack Alarm Install 07 Ultra

Hi Stash,

Check out the photos in my gallery and see if the alarm plug looks like the one on my '05 Ultra. Might help you out.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:26 PM
KSGLIDEGUY
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I installed mine on a SG and the plug has 3 holes. You have the right info as far as wire colors go. Hook the siren up and sit on the bike and move it around. It should give you 2 loud chirps as a warning. It does this twice. The third time the alarm will sound for 30 seconds I think. Make sure your fob is in the house though. If it is within 6 feet of the bike it disables the alarm. I hope that helps some.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Stash
Tourer

CherryHog,
Pictures are good, however, does your hookup plug have pins inside? My plug looks similer to yours, but I can't see inside of your plug. Once again, I have two plugs....one has 3 pins inside...the other has 4 holes..like a trailer hitch plug. I'm still lost as how to hook this thing up. My wire colors and number of wires don't seem to match up with the DYI information that has been previously posted. Now I have not cut either plug head off.....and I don't think thats too wise.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:50 PM
hdxbones
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Look under the plastic cradle that the ECM is bolted to.....

Old 05-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Stash
Tourer

Got it done. Thanks! I have 4 plugs under the right side cover. I had removed the ECM cover but didn't see a plug under it so I ASSUMED it had to be one of the other three plugs. One is for my Battery Tender so it was eliminated. When the other two didn't seem right, I went back to the ECM and low and behold...a plug that was attached to the back side of the ECM...go figure??? Done deal now. Thanks to all!

Old 05-03-2008, 03:36 PM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad your all set. I set my alarm sesitivity to "high" and it worked even better. The how too is in your owners manual. With mine if you hit the bike nothing would happen, now if you lift, move rock or even try and turn on the ignition it will "Chirp" and if its not quickly returned to the stand the siren will yelp like mad.

Best cheap mod i have ever done

Frank

Old 05-03-2008, 04:26 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,366 Likes on 2,541 Posts

ORIGINAL: ctmedic

Glad your all set. I set my alarm sesitivity to "high" and it worked even better.
can't do that with 07 and newer....