Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto PC3 install Set up w/Rush Muffs and A/C

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 05:35 PM
08HD
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Moto PC3 install Set up w/Rush Muffs and A/C

Hopefully when I get home today I can install my Rush custom tuned mufflers, Arlen Ness A/C, and Power Commander 3.

What I need is to know is, once the Slip-ons are installed and air cleaner is installed and PC3 is plugged where do I go from here. I will not be able to call Fuel Moto until Monday so if I am asking those who have done this already, what is next?

Old 05-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Scootr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Moto PC3 install Set up w/Rush Muffs and A/C

Jamie will have already loaded the map it so you should be done once you get to that point for the most part. Just follow the directions on the install and you should be fine. The PCIII is plug and play and the caps for the O2 sensors are include. On their website (Fuelmoto) they have the procedure for setting the throttle position. So you will want to hook up your computer and do that after the install. It is all pretty simple stuff. Good luck. I did it last year with no issues and am very happy

Old 05-02-2008, 05:51 PM
08HD
Road Captain

I have been on the Fuel Moto website and did not see anything regarding throttle position setting

Old 05-02-2008, 06:36 PM
DeputyMike
Tourer

After you install the supplied software on your laptop from the PCiii, you will find a "tutorial" that shows the steps to "zero" the throttle position. It is acually very easy, just be sure that the bike is up to full operating temp before setting "zero".

Old 05-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Scootr
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 08HD

I have been on the Fuel Moto website and did not see anything regarding throttle position setting
http://fuelmotousa.com/faq.htm

Its about half way down on the Power Commander technical info page.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:33 PM
wildman3699
Tourer

Once you get it installed you'll love it .Just had mine installed recently and love it .Had it dyno'd over the weekend.Ride Safe

Max. Power-76.45 Max.Torque-91.21

Old 05-02-2008, 09:13 PM
SE120RG
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad I read this post. I just installed the PCIII on the nightster and never knew I was supposed to set the throttle position. I didnt read anything in the installation instructions. This forum is great.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Moonrunner
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey whitedogg,
What was in the picture that photobucket deleted: buck naked ladies or what?

Old 05-02-2008, 10:11 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: TheWhitedogg

Glad I read this post. I just installed the PCIII on the nightster and never knew I was supposed to set the throttle position. I didnt read anything in the installation instructions. This forum is great.
It's not necessary on the '08's, but on earlier year models it's best to set both 0% and 100% TP, as they are probably off. Connect your 9V adapter and computer to the PCIII, turn on your ignition but don't start the motor. Click on Power Commander Tools > Set Throttle Position > Reset. Open your throttle completely until you see the larger number on the right of the small window settle, which should be around 28000, with idle (0%) about 4000. Go back to the main window and make sure you see 0% for TP when at idle. Twist to full and you should see 100%, but if only 98-99% don't worry about it.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:35 PM
08HD
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: iclick

ORIGINAL: TheWhitedogg

It's not necessary on the '08's, but on earlier year models it's best to set both 0% and 100% TP, as they are probably off. Connect your 9V adapter and computer to the PCIII, turn on your ignition but don't start the motor. Click on Power Commander Tools > Set Throttle Position > Reset. Open your throttle completely until you see the larger number on the right of the small window settle, which should be around 28000, with idle (0%) about 4000. Go back to the main window and make sure you see 0% for TP when at idle. Twist to full and you should see 100%, but if only 98-99% don't worry about it.
Now that you have thrown a monkey wrench into the program. I need t know is it really neccesary to for the 08 to go through throttle positioning. This is the first I heard

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto PC3 install Set up w/Rush Muffs and A/C