Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto PC3 install Set up w/Rush Muffs and A/C

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 12:00 AM
WingIt
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Moto PC3 install Set up w/Rush Muffs and A/C

Just installed my PCIII from Fuel Moto tonight to and man it runs great. I canned the fuel pak just wasn't happy with it and all the decel popping I was having. I only was able to ride for about 20 minutes after intall tonight but it sure felt great. Fuel Moto did me good..

Old 05-03-2008, 07:16 AM
SE120RG
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the info iclick. After reading your response I also checked out fuelmoto's site and it said only need to reset the low side. YOU were right, I tried to reset just the low but I got an error message that the difference between the low and high were not within the correct range(numbers were 4800 and 11000). So I did just as you posted and my high number went to 24800 with 100% throttle.
Thanks again

Old 05-03-2008, 07:27 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: 08HD

Now that you have thrown a monkey wrench into the program. I need t know is it really neccesary to for the 08 to go through throttle positioning. This is the first I heard
I posted the info for earlier bikes for the benefit of those who own them. You shouldn't need to worry about TP on your '08, but when you launch the software with the PCIII connected to the computer and engine running you'll see the TP while it's idling. If it doesn't show "0" then go through the procedure in the manual for setting 0% TP. I don't know how you would set 100% TP with TBW, and it's been said that it isn't necessary on '08's.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:30 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: TheWhitedogg

Thanks for the info iclick. After reading your response I also checked out fuelmoto's site and it said only need to reset the low side. YOU were right, I tried to reset just the low but I got an error message that the difference between the low and high were not within the correct range(numbers were 4800 and 11000). So I did just as you posted and my high number went to 24800 with 100% throttle.
Thanks again
Sounds like your 100% setting was way off, so it's good that you did the whole procedure. Those numbers sound about right to me. Just check with the 9V battery and ignition on (motor off), first at idle (should show 0%), then wide open (should show 98-100%).

Old 05-03-2008, 11:04 PM
08HD
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed my the Fuel Moto setup last night, everthing went well but the difficulty came with the PC111. The directions had both non ABS and ABS install. I have ABS and it was a major pain making everthing fit, but what I had to do required custom fit. It was late when I started and it was later when I finished so I couldn't start her up until the morning... .........First thing in the morning I hooked up the USB and opened the program then zerod the throttle............Wow! I am in the GAME!
Now it feels and sound like a HARLEY. Power and the deep thoaty sound/Rumble. I like it.

No decel popping at all!

Old 05-03-2008, 11:26 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

http://fuelmotousa.com/faq.htm

Just scroll down and download it...

Old 05-04-2008, 09:46 AM
08HD
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Richard

http://fuelmotousa.com/faq.htm

Just scroll down and download it...
Thanks, I will do this today! By the way, What does this upgrade do that is an improvement? Anybody knows?

Old 05-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Moonrunner
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know who said you don't need to set the O throttle setting on 08s but they are wrong. I checked it on my 08 RK and it was reading 7% at idle and the bike was plenty warm as I had just made a test run with the PCIII installed. About 40 miles and the bike popped, cracked and idled too fast the whole time. Also backfire out the tail pipe on every restart.

I checked to make sure the program was actually in the PC (it was) and reset 0 and 100% throttle and the bike ran fine every since.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Moonrunner
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't see it mentioned here (maybe it was) but DO NOT SET YOUR THROTTLE SETTING UNTIL THE BIKE IS THOROUGHLY WARMED UP or you're just wasting your time. Warm does not mean idled in the driveway either. It takes at least 15 to 25 miles at speeds 35 and above(preferablyvarying speeds to above)to warm a bike up. That would be minimum. About 10 minutes at 65+ mph.

I'm not trying to insult any ones intelligence here, I'm just bringing it up as some folks don't work on their machines much and may not know.

I re-read and see full operating temp was indeed mentioned above but take heed that full operating temperatures are not achieved tooling around the block a couple of times.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:31 PM
fxlowboy
Tourer

I check mine yesterday at idle i read 12% put it back to 0 %.Got rain all week-end so i don't test drive.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto PC3 install Set up w/Rush Muffs and A/C