Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto & PC lll questions answered by Jamie

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 05:23 PM
marksv4
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Default Fuel Moto & PC lll questions answered by Jamie

Well after using the search function regarding PC lll i figured I would email Jamie with a few questions. Hereare my questions and Fuel Motos answers.

Hi Jamie
[/align]Mark here from Vancouver, B.C. Canada.[/align][/align]Just waiting to pickup my bike Saturday, an 08 FLHR. I have new Wild Pig slip on pipes and an 08-800 K & N filter. Was hoping to get the dealer to remap my ECU for Stage 1. Everything I have read on the HD Forums board says this will make the bike run hot and lean due to their canned map.[/align][/align]Your comments on this would be appreciated. I would rather put the money towards the Dynojet instead of the dealer download.[/align][/align]If I order the PC III can I install and download the appropriate map using my laptop? How complex is the install and software.?[/align][/align][/align]Cheers and thanks.[/align][/align]Mark Douglas[/align]
Hello, the Stage 1 download on the 08 is ignition timing only and will not affect the way the bike runs. For the bike to run properly I do recommend a tuner that will allow for specific fuel and igntion timing adjustments.

Does the PC lll come with different maps? I mean is it specific to pipes and hi flow airfilter or is it actually by brand of upgrades? EG if I change airfilters from K $ N to Ness Big Sucker do I need to download again?
[/align]Thanks Mark[/align][/align]
The Power Commander is $279.00 + 29.00 USPS shipping and we have specific maps we can supply.

Will not affect the way the bike runs? Now I'm really confused, Im gonna order the PC lll and tell them I need a Stage 1 download running Wild Pig pipes and a K & N 08-800 filter. Hopefully this will help cool it down. Will post my findings when I get it instlled.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:53 PM
cowboyglide
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Moto & PC lll questions answered by Jamie

You will be throwing your money away on a stage 1 download becausethe PCIII will override the stock settings on your stock ecm including the stage 1 download. The purpose of the PCIII with the 02 sensor eliminators is to override the stock ecm using the custom map made for you setup.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:04 PM
marksv4
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Yes I realize that, I will be going with the PClll instead of the dealer download. I just thought people might have comments on what jamie said.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:20 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

The PCIII takes whatever the ECM sends to the injectors and adds or subtracts a percentage of fuel before it goes to the injectors. It makes it`s adjustments based on throttle position and rpm. In places where the ECM is to lean it adds fuel. In places the ECM is to rich it subtracts fuel all depending on throttle position and rpm you are running. Jamie will load the map to fit your bike set up. It makes no difference if you have the HD download or not.

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 05-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Navitimer
Cruiser

I would second the recommendation of getting something other than the Stage 1 ECU. IMHO its nearly worthless. I have the PCIII and love it; however there are a lot of fans of other systems too (SERT, V&H, etc.). Jamie has a lot of fans on this forum, and his custom maps seem to be well-received by most here.

I find Jamie's comments on the ECU flash nteresting. I have an '07 RKC, and I got the download on mine before I knew any better and it was indeed a waste of money. However I've received conflicting stories as to whether or not it changes the fuel maps. Some have told me it only ups the rev-limiter (consistent with Jamie's comments), while others have said it marginally richens the fuel curve. Any thoughts? BTW, not trying to threadjack - I just think its interesting to hear some commentary on this related topic.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:33 PM
cowboyglide
Banned

[quote]ORIGINAL: marksv4

Well after using the search function regarding PC lll i figured I would email Jamie with a few questions. Hereare my questions and Fuel Motos answers.

Hi Jamie
[/align]Mark here from Vancouver, B.C. Canada.[/align][/align]Just waiting to pickup my bike Saturday, an 08 FLHR. I have new Wild Pig slip on pipes and an 08-800 K & N filter. Was hoping to get the dealer to remap my ECU for Stage 1. Everything I have read on the HD Forums board says this will make the bike run hot and lean due to their canned map.[/align][/align]Your comments on this would be appreciated. I would rather put the money towards the Dynojet instead of the dealer download.[/align][/align]If I order the PC III can I install and download the appropriate map using my laptop? How complex is the install and software.?[/align][/align][/align]Cheers and thanks.[/align][/align]Mark Douglas[/align]
Hello, the Stage 1 download on the 08 is ignition timing only and will not affect the way the bike runs. For the bike to run properly I do recommend a tuner that will allow for specific fuel and igntion timing adjustments.

Does the PC lll come with different maps? I mean is it specific to pipes and hi flow airfilter or is it actually by brand of upgrades? EG if I change airfilters from K $ N to Ness Big Sucker do I need to download again?
[/align]Thanks Mark[/align][/align]
The Power Commander is $279.00 + 29.00 USPS shipping and we have specific maps we can supply.

Will not affect the way the bike runs? Now I'm really confused, Im gonna order the PC lll and tell them I need a Stage 1 download running Wild Pig pipes and a K & N 08-800 filter. Hopefully this will help cool it down. Will post my findings when I get it instlled.
[
/quote]
Sorry, I thought you were confused!
In your lastparagraph you say "I'mgoing to order the PCIII and tell themI needa stage 1 down load".