Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King as a nice custom bike for weekend rides (minus bags, 'shield)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 02:50 PM
MarkandMary
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Road King as a nice custom bike for weekend rides (minus bags, 'shield)

ORIGINAL: Sam

Custom, Classic, Standard..........as long as it's a Road King
I thought you genuinely meant that until I seen you wrote Custom first ahead of the Classic and Standard......Classics Rule!!!!!!!

LMAO

Old 05-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 544 Posts
Default RE: Road King as a nice custom bike for weekend rides (minus bags, 'shield)

ORIGINAL: 61panhead

I think the standard Road King is the best looking bike on the road.
And a helmet FITS in the hard bags.

+1!!

Old 05-02-2008, 03:31 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My Vega 1/2 helmet fits no problem in my RK classic bags.
I have to say the bike looks butt ugly without the bags on it.
And a Road king is a Road king whether it has hard bags leather bags, custom, classic, etc, (Except the Classic has Cruise, and auxilary light standard)

Old 05-02-2008, 04:24 PM
wglindsay
Cruiser

Custom.

Windshield on/off, passenger backrest on/off, riders backrest on/off, tour pak on/off. Everything is easy and takes just seconds to switch any of them.

My half helmet fits in my bag.

windshield on almost all the time expect short rides or during the hot summer months.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:40 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

ORIGINAL: pwp

I have the same opinion as Ken about the windshield: I'll occasionally remove it, but usually I ride with it. (Gotta say though, that I do love the LOOK of it without the screen.) But we may have to "agree to disagree" about the Custom verses the Classic though! Heheh.
yeah, but now its 2 against 1. i have a custom also....

ORIGINAL: Whiskers

HD only sold 16 Customs before they discontinued them...
yeah? so that means that our bikes stand out in a sea of road king standards/classics... pppphhhhbbbbbbtttttttt!

ORIGINAL: eglinski

Just curious, can you fit a 1\2 helmet in the bags on a Road King Classic? I really liked the look of the RK Custom bags much to my surprise,.. a halk helmet wont even fit!
Do the "classic" bags mount the same way as the "Custom"?
the bags on the classic have more 'give' to them, so you should be able to stuff a half helmet in there. having said that, i can't swear to it since i have a custom with the hard leather bags, but i am able to put a half in mine. it wont latch shut, but i can get the helmet in there, and shut the lid down. with la being a helmet state, i am not worried about riding with the 1/2 in there so not latching is not an issue.

if its not an issue for you either, then you have to put the helmet in with the top of it facing the inside. the latch will then fit 'inside' the helmet and the lid will come down about 95% of the way.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:22 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some year I'll figure out how to post pics and I'll show you what my Classic looks like... till then just buy the Road King, you will not be sorry.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:51 PM
SCRider
Cruiser

Just curious, can you fit a 1\2 helmet in the bags on a Road King Classic? I really liked the look of the RK Custom bags much to my surprise,.. a halk helmet wont even fit!

[IMG]local://upfiles/58429/288F174518224076B1478CD41729BD97.jpg[/IMG]
You can fit a half helmet in the Cutom saddle bag, but you have to turn it the right way and pull out the side of the saddlebag a little bit allowing the helmet to get passed the lip for the latch.

Once you get used to having bags you will never ride without them.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

RK Classics Ruleexcept whenSCRiders RK Custom show up...thass a sweet bike![sm=hail.gif]

Old 05-03-2008, 01:44 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

[IMG]local://upfiles/58429/288F174518224076B1478CD41729BD97.jpg[/IMG]

I can get my half helmet in my 07 RK Custom bags. Tight fit, PIA, and I scratched the top on the twist-off fastener but it will fit. Have to put the open side facing out and maneuver around that ridiculously large latch.

Old 05-03-2008, 04:15 AM
sweet07
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ken thompson

ORIGINAL: gs34doc

I would bet that once you get a little taste of those bags, you won't be interested in taking them off and leaving your stuff behind!!
[sm=happybounce.gif]
Same goes for the windshield. Occasionally I'll ride withoutthe wind screen just for a different look. Within 5 minutes I'm thinking why'd I do that. Every time. As for the bags, the only time I take them off is when I'm heading up to the station to put air in the tires. Bike runs and handles great and with a lowered rear, low profile seat and no backrest the bike looks slammed. Mines a custom though. It's way better than the classic.
Each to his own said the man eating dog ****.

Quick Reply: Road King as a nice custom bike for weekend rides (minus bags, 'shield)