Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uncomfortable on FLHX

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 03:40 PM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Uncomfortable on FLHX

At 6'5" I suspect you'll be uncomfortable on damn near any bike. Forwards will be your best bet. That or go buy one of those crazy stretched choppers.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:44 PM
G$
Road Captain
Location: LexVegas, KY...home of fast wimmen & beautiful horses
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....get rid of ur engine guards & install a set of the (extended) Kuryakyn Mark IV cruise arms. They free up a lot of room up front and allow u 2 really s-t-r-e-t-c-h out. Fully adjustable& totally comfortable, not 2 mention TONS betta lookin than all the bulky crap that's added on to the crash bars.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:57 PM
harry.b
Tourer

I had a set of long angle highway pegs on my bike for about a week. I found that my feet were spending all the time on the highway pegs. This made for a long and in my opinion dangerous reach to the rear brake pedal. I installed the forward controls and never looked back.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:17 PM
izzi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i did the longhorn hiway pegs with the 2" fwd floorboard brackets. toes on the hiway pegs and heels on the board give perfect pivot(from your heel) to the brake.
hey G$, are you using the mk IV with standard floorboard brackets? i have really been thinking about those.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:34 PM
classic cruiser
Cruiser

I really like my highway pegs on my engine gaurd. You can stretch out while cruising, you have to put your feet back to shift though.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:03 PM
HilllBillly
Cruiser

I'm 6'4 and felt cramped.... i keep my legs on the kuryakyn cruise boards and just recently installed a harley back rest.... after I torched and bent the backrest to lean back... I only had to bend it a little way and it gave me a laid back stretched out feeling... and I still have plenty of room for the MRS behind me

Old 05-03-2008, 04:24 AM
Avmech97
Road Master

Have you considered the H-D Tallboy seat? P/n is 52976-05 and it accepts the backrest.[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 05-03-2008, 07:27 AM
nedster
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

At 6'5 the only solution is trade that rascal in on a Road Glide!!

Old 05-03-2008, 10:05 AM
gforceman2
Cruiser

Thanks for all the input guys. Im going to go with 13" rear shocks to raise the bike and forward controls to get stretched out more. I think this will work well. Might do the WO575 bars also but not until funds allow.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Like the man said earlier....longer shock ain't gonna do crap for your leg/seat/floorboard triangle. longer shock will raise the seat in reference to the ground and you floorboards come up too....basically it just raises the rear end and puts more distance between the tire and fender. There is a company who makes floorboard mounts that moves them 2 inches forward and the would help you if you dont like the idea of forward controls. I road a bike with forward controls from TX to VA and there was no comfort problems associated with using them.

Quick Reply: Uncomfortable on FLHX