Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear Coat Scratches

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 07:00 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Clear Coat Scratches

I have to agree with Happy_dan
I would go buy some 3M MicroGlaze and use a buffer to get rid of the fine swirls and scratches. Then finish with a Finish Glaze for a deep shine........it works

Good Luck
ORIGINAL: Happy_dan

This can actually be a very long post and I had written a long response but then I figured you would be sleeping before you go through it. So here is a quicker answer. Please email me if you have more questions. abbene@gmail.com

3mM Swirl remover is the best stuff I have used. I have done some auto detailing and I own a black Camaro SS and my bike is Black Pearl.

For what you described this 3M and a good orbital buffer will take those swirl marks right out.
Here is a picture of the side of my car just to give you an idea.

EDIT: Hmm, not sure how to post a picture here. This is a link to the picture:
http://www.abbene.com/Camaro/snoscratch.jpg

I use a product called Zaino for the final polish.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:07 PM
two dogs
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zymol, once you use it never use anything else. $14.00 Parts places everywhere.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:22 PM
HarleyArcher
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I have not used it on a bike yet but the new Turtle Wax ICE is incredible. I have used it on 2 vehicles and it is really nice stuff. You can also get it on black plastic and not get that white residue. I have used it on fender flares and also onthe dash ofmy truck. Great stuff!!!
Bryan

Old 01-06-2007, 07:52 PM
zorro
Cruiser

O.K. ZO6 owners are notorious NUTJOBS about our vehicles -
Go here you won't be disappointed -

www.adamspolishes.com/index.cfm

actually when you visit the site take the phone number and call Adam directly - He loves to talk with his customers and he will tell you what you need and what to do ... Trust me you will love this guy's products (puts Zaino to shame) ...

Old 01-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Happy_dan
Advanced

Zorro, I had a Red Z06 too so yes, we are nutjobs. I am more of a nut with my black Camaro than I ever had to be with the red Z06.

I don't want to start one of those endless polish threads and which is better like I see on the Z06 and vette forums as well as all my Camaro forums. Everyone has their favorites!

The only thing I will say about them, is that a lot of these waxes just fill the swirls temporarily and don't hole up. I am not familiar with Adams but Zaino and NXT are both synthetic polymer polishes and not wax. If you prep the surface right they last the longest in my opinion.

This is an endless debate, I don't want to start it up here.
Please email me if anyone wants a more in depth discussion about the differences in buffers, polishers, waxes, polishes and color sanding. I will be happy to give my opinion, for what it's worth.

abbene@gmail.com

I do not sell any of them. I gave up my business and just learned a lot for the car shows I used to do.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:14 PM
mtuck318
Novice

[align=left]MAASPolish kit for your metal and plastic[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish[/align]

Old 01-07-2007, 01:30 AM
zorro
Cruiser

You are so right Dan -

BTW, I have a millinium Yellow Z not a red one that's a friends Z in the picture and that's his wife with her skirt pulled all the way up holding a banner and flashing some PanTee... You should see the other pic she's turned around doing the same thing much better view - problem is it's a tad to racey for this site - sorry...

Old 01-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Happy_dan
Advanced

I think I have seen those before. Very nice. They might be a couple of years old now aren't they?

Boy do I miss my Z at track days!!

You could always email me the other pictures.

By the way, I am a member of z06vette.com (Mark Dickie and Sconi are friends of mine. I am DanA_F99_1977 there. Sorry to sidetrack the thread, now back to your regular programming.

Old 01-07-2007, 08:56 AM
JeffSG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, Meguire's is the best you'll find.

Ride safe,

Old 02-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Fly Fast
Cruiser

The best waxes and polishes is Adams Polishes. They have a special product for scratches. You can also get the clay bar which will take out any scratches. I use it on a black car and the end result, no scratches. They also have a spray on detail product that looks like a good wax job without all the work. It has the clay in it. I saw their both at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale AZ. Meguire's does not come close to these guys. You may want to check them out. http://adamspolishes.com/

Quick Reply: Clear Coat Scratches