Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding intercom to Roadglide

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Dabaldone
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding intercom to Roadglide

I was thinking of adding a tourpak to my Roadglide this summer.
I thought it would be a good idea to add an intercom to the bike since I already had some matching helmets with J & M headsets and the controls are already on the radio. I know I will need a wiring harness. But why doI need rear speakers and an intercom flash.
Is the just another way for Harley to bleed more money out of us?

Has anybody done this. Is it worth it and what are the costs. Or is there another way.
J & M has an intercom add on, but it is only an intercom and doesn't work with the radio.

Thanks
Dabaldone

Old 05-01-2008, 06:32 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Adding intercom to Roadglide

To get get the HD intercom I think you need to add the HD CB set up.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:11 AM
sbkjo
Advanced

I installed an Autocom on my RK Classic. Very good product.

They have a part 1321 to connect to a car radio. I don't know if it's work with HD radio.

www.autocom.co.uk or www.autocomamerica.com

Old 05-02-2008, 02:11 AM
Odd Job
Tourer

I have the Automcom Active Plus unit....works flawlessly!!!! Placed the actual Autocom Unit under the tourpak, hardwired the electricl using a Centech fuse panel http://www.centechwire.com/catalog/panels/ap1.shtml, took the stereo cord (1321) that comes with the kit ran it under the seat and tank and plugged that in to the AUX port on the HD radio..music automaticallyquietswhen you speak to your passenger and/or the GPS audio directions comes on. A wee bit pricey, but worth the money and less expensive than the HD intercom system. HD handlebar controls, still controls the music volume too just as long as you have the AUX cable plugged in. The intercom volume adjustment and VOXadjustment has to be set at the Autocom unit itself. Once set..everything works great. Autocom has heavy duty connectors to the helmet cable too that I believe you would like, just like the J&M cords. Stay away from the Chatterbox CB-50...piece of junk!!!

Onething...the helmet speakers are just ok if you just want to use it for intercom and music.....I like quality stereo sound so I purchased a set of helmet speakers from EDSETS...now it's like a concert hall in my helmet. I also believe your J&M headsets might work as long as they are a 7-pin connector as Autocom uses a 7-pin connector on the Active Plus Units made after 2006 I believe. Bought mine in 06 and it uses a 7-pin connector. J&M also makes the lower connectors for the 7-pinAutocom too.

Don't think you'd go wrong with this set up.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Dabaldone
Novice

Hey thanks for the replies.
The Autocom seems like the way to go.
I'm going to look into it.