Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To Charge Or Not To Charge!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 08:16 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: To Charge Or Not To Charge!?

ORIGINAL: Ultra007
SO I guess if it makes you feel better and you want to seem like a super responsible HD owner, then hook that baby up. Make sure you put the breathable, softly lined, properly fitted cover on it too. Be sure to put the leather preservative on the seat as well. And buy a lift and keep it off the ground so you don't get flat spots on your tires. Stabilize the fuel. And certainly don't forget to put moth ***** all around it so the mice won't get into the saddlebags. ROFLMAO
Buy a couple airhawks to cushion the frame when it's on the lift ....... I park mine in the dining room and ride it around the house in the winter to keep the battery up.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bluzmn59

ORIGINAL: OD_Cleaver

24/7???

You guys are nuts.

OD
+1 for that.
+2

I will put it on the tender if sitting for months at a time, winter only. Hell, I dont put my garden tractor on a tender and went out to the barn after 6 months of winter and it fired right up. Its a battery for gods sake, if it is in good shape, it will hold a charge a long, long time. I equate this to the person who asked"if the bike is going to sit for a month or so, do I need to add fuel stabilizer?". If you want to go through the hassle, a tender will not hurt anything, but you sure are not gaining anything either. Oh, and I agree with changing out batteries on a periodic basis, but I will go longer than three years. I change them when I change the air in my tires

Old 05-02-2008, 12:39 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dalton

ORIGINAL: Bluzmn59

ORIGINAL: OD_Cleaver

24/7???

You guys are nuts.

OD
+1 for that.
+2

I will put it on the tender if sitting for months at a time, winter only. Hell, I dont put my garden tractor on a tender and went out to the barn after 6 months of winter and it fired right up. Its a battery for gods sake, if it is in good shape, it will hold a charge a long, long time. I equate this to the person who asked"if the bike is going to sit for a month or so, do I need to add fuel stabilizer?". If you want to go through the hassle, a tender will not hurt anything, but you sure are not gaining anything either. Oh, and I agree with changing out batteries on a periodic basis, but I will go longer than three years. I change them when I change the air in my tires
Amen to fuel stabilizer. With the quality of gas nowadays, I would be much more inclined to add stabilizer than to plug in the tender after every trip. I do neither but, like I said, stabilizer would make more sense.