Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need good input

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 05:49 PM
3_james
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need good input

I have a 2007 Road King. 96 cu in. In the recent past I put a set of wild pigs mufflers on the existing factory pipes. Soon after, I found that my bike would attempt to stall upon coming to a light. I figured it was because of the extra outflo, maybe causing my bike to run "off map". The situation got progressively worse and when I went to Leesburg bikefest, the bike stalled three times. (air filter dirtying up?) Anyway, seeking the ultimate fix, I bought a stage one air filter setup. Then attempted to find out how much money was involved with the remap of my existing ECM. I did not install the air filter...that is until I talked with another enthusiast. He said try the air filter and see what happens. Well, I didn't drive too long, not wanting to hurt the bike, but the bike got to temperature and never tried to stall. Not even close. Can someone enlighten me? Also, is it possible to remap the existing ECM without a race tuner? I don't have 500.00 to shell out at this time. I just want to run efficiently. Thank you for letting me bend your ears. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:02 PM
ezlife
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I need good input

New stage I and pipes, and no fuel management system to tweak a/f?
Gotta complete the package or you'll askin for trouble.

Go with a PCIII. Couple hundred and tuneable yourself with a laptop. Plenty of baseline maps to start from. Your setup M812-030.
http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...31&yr=2007
Easy install on an '07. Piggybacks under right side cover.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:41 PM
winston chopper
Tourer

Nightrider xien 02 replacement. Richens your fuel mixture to14.2:1 , plug and play device $99.00. I opted for the V&H fuel pack. $279.oo $250 through J&P cycles with a gold membership card and Ness big sucker $118.oo delivered in 1 day. They also have the bill mr later option and deferred payments for up to six months. I was going to get a sert and stage 1 from Harley but stage 1 kits are backordered and the sert is $459.oo
PC3 seems like a good option too if you have a laptop. I will try this V&H and see how good it works and post my results. With a high flow A/C you need to do some tuning.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:47 PM
hogbag07
Road Captain

Harley can put a download in the ecm for the aircleaner.It will work ok on some bikes but not others. I think its $150 If your bike still runs lean very hot you will need the sert pc3 or tmax

Old 04-30-2008, 08:12 PM
3_james
1st Gear

Thanks bros for the input! A power commando right now is about 400.00 out of reach. Any more input is appreciated. I guess I'll just remove the a/c and ride with just pipes for now. What can I do, gotta go to work. Save some money, get pciii later.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Pheebo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with the V&H Fuel Pack. Easy to set up and they are coming out with new maps all the time. I put one on my 05 Dyna, Stage 1 air kit and SE pipes. I set it up myself and had it checked on a dyno. The guy said it was perfect and he could't do anything to make it better. He sold Power Com. and after testing my bike he said he was going to look into using V&H Fuel pack. You can check thier web site and see if they have your setup posted. I know a touring bike is not a Dyna but they do use the same motor.