Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike in shop again

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 06:52 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike in shop again

Since buying 06 Ultra new in May of 06 I have repeatedly taken in in for high idling/ stumbling conditions. I filed a customer complaint with moco last year. I've had Stage 1, SERT installed at dealers recommendation to alleviate that problem. The induction seals has been changed twice as well. Now it acting up again. The air/fuel ratio is changing. They found it on a dino run the other day. It was running so rich you could almost light the tailpipe when cold!!! Dealer is going to change intake/induction module. Bike has 23,000 miles now Now 2 Questions 1 Should I buy the extended warranty, got 1 more month on factory left. 2 Is there something else going on like a heat related ecm/injector problem? After looking at new bikes for 2 years, We've decided to just keep this one.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:56 AM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain
Default RE: Bike in shop again

By the sounds of it.......an extended warranty might be the best way to go....that is if you are going to keep it.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:53 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can always get extended warranties refunded for the unused portion. Look at what it'd cost ta have it in to git the stuff repaired, then ask us again.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:10 AM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Let's see your original complaint was high idle/ stumbling, not many bikes like yours do that stock. So your dealer has you install a SERT and a Stage 1, which were not covered under the warranty (and you had to pay for it??) and it still does it??? Question what the fu&k good did the warranty do?? Yes by all means get the extended warranty, keep going there and paying for something that should have been fixed for nothing!! Or you could take the warranty money find a good independent shop with real mechanics and get it fixed right. Harleys extended warranty is just a way to get riders to keep coming back and getting all their work done there. Because if you do not then your "warranty" will be void. Don't get me wrong there are a fewdealersout there that have mechanics, but it sounds like yours isn't one of them!!!!

Old 04-30-2008, 08:15 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Wait a couple of months and trade it on for an '09. Seriously though, I would have zero patience for a bike that the dealer couldn't fix and have to keep bringing it back andI would have close to zeroconfidence that the dealer could fix it.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:32 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

This is the second dealership! The one where I bought it, suggested I take it to another dealer, said there was nothing wrong with it. This one has been verry helpful and patient. It's an in termitent problem that will go away for a month or so then it will come back. Almost like a virus on a computer.