Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 03:27 PM
txbanshee
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Corbin Seats

I will agree about the "corbin sucks". I have listed a thread a few weeks back about thecustomer support I was given. I was pro-corbin on every bike I have owned up until now. With the run around I was given this last time ( about a month ago)I will NEVER buy another corbin. All inAll I think I spent 6 week on resolving quality issues and back order problems.If you get lucky like a few here have then you won't have a quality issue and all will be fine as long as the seat is in stock.

I was even told to take a hammer and beat the back of the seat to push it forward where it needed to be. This came directly from both a salesman and support tech. My seat only had to go a little over 1 inch so I am sure a big enough hammer could of bent something ?????

Old 04-30-2008, 03:46 PM
hogbag07
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a dual tour heated it locks,fits to my 07 flht like a glove.The leather and stiching looks great after a year.The steel base looks like its powder coated so it should last 20 years.Its a firm seat like a saddle your behind will need to get used to it.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:04 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

TexasRedneck is exactly right. However, if you already had a Corbin and did not like it, you probably will not like another one. I would not get one if I was you. Some people just do not like a firm seat.

I have ridden on a Corbin Dualtour seat for almost eleven years and I think it is great. I ordered it from Dennis Kirk so it was not custom made for me. When I opened the box I thought My Gawd this thing is terrible. I put it on the softail and after five minutes I knew that I had found the perfect saddle. If it required breaking in, I never noticed any change. It was great from the start. But this is me not you.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Fishguy001
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm very happy with my Corbin - ordered back when their prices were a lot higher than they are now. I told em my height, weight (I'm bigger around than I am tall) and they made me a seat between a close and a regular and I've been very happy with it. Stock Harley seats are soft and feel good when you sit on them in the showroom, but after you ride for a bit they seem to bottom out and provide little if any support. Seats are very subjective and everyone is gonna have an opinion. Buy one and ebay it if you don't like it - hell its only money !

Old 05-03-2008, 09:54 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Corbins are leather, mustangs are not, leather breathes, if your 6' or above like me a corbin sits you back further if not they have the close version where as mustang is supposed to be one seat fits all. I love my corbins

Old 05-03-2008, 10:12 AM
jsimo7
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had three Corbins 2 solos oneon a softail andoneon a ultraand a dual tour. I loved the solos but found the dual tour didnt fit us well. It was very unconfortable and I like the firm seats. The Mustand two up seat worked very well for us but I did like the solo corbins. The only way to really know is to but it and ride it. If you dont like sell it on Ebay you will get a good portion back from that

Old 05-03-2008, 12:01 PM
pounder35
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

depends what you want If you want to look good you will most likely give up some comfort

Cigar Critic has the Young Guns that looks nice and for 2 up they have the sport touring which is nice

I live close to there and rode over there they made me one while i waited Pretty hard but looks good gotta have a couple 3 seats when i go on long trips i have another one as Mama dont like the this perticular Corbin seat I have.

[IMG]local://upfiles/41339/8CA25B59F5DB4F548B2B1287746CFE6C.jpg[/IMG]