Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 07:09 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Corbin Seats

LIke some have said, Corbin did redesign their seats in 08 and they don't seem to be quite as firm but as others have said firm is good for the long haul. I went to Bike Week and got a new Corbin Classic Solo for my 08 Ultra and love it. I've had Corbins on most all of my bikes over the years. Good quality and is formed to support you in all the right spots. Like Redneck said those cushiony seats with no support and a 200 + pound butt sitting on it puts you down to the seat pan in a hurry.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:42 AM
Walkonwater
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been very happy with my Mustang. Puts me down and back about and inch and a springy feeling on my *** from the backside of the seat when I juice it..Cool feeling. Also. $160-$180 less than Corbin.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:43 AM
Ultra007
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally, a rational discussion instead of a rant against whatever is popular.
I have the Classic Solo on my '07. Great seat! They are MEANT to be firm, as the others have said, the softer pillow type seats use open cell foam to support the rider. The foam compresses and the support is gone causing hot spots and a sore butt.
A Corbin uses closed cell foam so the air cannot escape. The seat pan supports the rider with the foam simply covering the pan. This will provide better overall support and a better long haul ride.
Mine moved me back almost 2 full inches.
The keylock removal of the seat is great too, no more bolts to remove everytime you want to work on the bike or change a pillion.
I found the customer service to be great. You can custom order a seat at no extra charge. I have the basketweave looking stud bands, braided welts and chrome studs, no extra charge.
Mine has about 800 miles on it and feeling better and better. And no more sore lower back either.

U

Old 04-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My sister has a Corbin solo seat with a driver backrest on it. She found it was too hard even after puttin' a couple thousand miles on it. She wound up puttin' a Pro-Pad on top of it, and now she's comfortable. My wife had a Mustang solo with a driver backrest on her last Sportster (same bike as my sister), and she loved it. My sister even rode it and loved it. I think the Corbins look good, but after feelin' the seat on my sister's bike, I doubt I'll ever get one for mine. If I put an aftermarket seat on my bike, it'll be a Mustang. However, I'm just gonna have Mean City Cycles add memory foam to my stock seatand see how that works out.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:05 PM
AISTQM
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Had a Corbin on my 06 road king. Put 26,000 miles on it and loved how comfortable it was. When I got my 08 EG I bought the HD backrest thinking the new touring saddle would be OK. It wasn't, so to save the backrest I had to put a Mustang on this time. Just got it and haven't ridden with it yet. If it is half the saddle the Corbin was I'll be happy.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:43 PM
fembiker
Advanced

I know this thread is about comfort, but I like the look of the Mustang better.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

so do you know where the ecu is located

ORIGINAL: jpooch00

There is a thread under "throttle trouble" that describes a problem with an aftermarket seat pressing on the ECU and causing the bike to stall. This might be an issue with aftermarket seats on the '08's.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Just Google "CORBIN SUCKS"
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

They no longer CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS, so why give them more money [:@]

Old 04-30-2008, 03:10 PM
rde
Road Captain

You don't say what model year Street Glidewe're talking about. I'll comment upon the 08 Corbin Seats that fit differently than prior years.

Let me begin by saying I had a Corbin Classic Solo on my 06 Wide Glide and it was the best mod I ever did for that bike. People either like the firmness of Corbin or they don't. I have always believed that Corbin makes the most comfortable seat around. Once you add their backrest to the seat you have a very well fitting, comfortable ride. No one can argue about the looks of a Corbin-they are second to none.

When I bought my 08 Road King Classic I definitely wanted to put a Classic Solo on it. I had read some issues that aftermarket seats have had with the redesigned gas tank and frame on the 08 touring bikes. I decided to take a road trip to Ormond Beach and get the scoop and proper in house measurement for my new seat. I live in NC so it was a good excuse to put some miles on my new bike.

I learned a few things while at Corbin's Ormond Beach store. They clearly don't have all the bugs worked out on the seats. For instance I tried a couple Classic Solo's and one left a huge gap where it slides into the frame below the tank. The next one fit like a glove! Either there are subtle variations in HD's manufacturing and fitting of the tank on the frame, or there are variations in Corbin's seats. Secondly, my detachable tour pak would not fit using any dual tour or pillion that we tried. Corbin's website states that the dual tour will fit 53147-98B;well it doesn't.

Despite these comments I will tell you that their customer service was superb. One of the service techs probably spent over 3 hours with me trying on different seats, and seemed genuinely concerned that there were some fitment issues that Corbin needs to address. We found a Classic Solo in stock that fit me perfectly, and also fit my bike exactly. I got exactly what I came for ( I had a backrest at home from my old seat) and left totally satisfied with the seat and with Corbin.

1000 miles later the seat feels great. I am a believer that Corbin's design remains the most comfortable seat around. I don't think a Corbin is for everyone, just like their are individual preferences for aftermarket exhaust systems, etc.

I would buy another Corbin without hesitation. I do think those with 08 bikes need to be aware of the fitment issues. I would talk directly with a Corbin tech about what model bike you have, and what accessories are on your bike to be sure the seat you want has been tested and really fits the way you expect.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:16 PM
GrandpaSpike
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Replaced stock seat with a Mustang and rode it for a year. Was ok, but not great. Replaced Mustang with a Corbin a few months ago and really like it. Comfortable from the first time I rode it. It is a little firmer than the Mustang, but it looks better on the bike and is comfy. Just got back from a 1500 mile journey in 4 days and it passed the test as far as I'm concerned.

Quick Reply: Corbin Seats