Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MISSING LINK INSTALL AND REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 04:22 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts
Default RE: MISSING LINK INSTALL AND REVIEW

Just finished installing mine.
Steve, your instructions are spot on. I have the stock exhaust cross over, so it took me a little longer than you, but the install was as easy as everyone says it is.

Of course, its now raining, so I'll test it out later.

G-

Old 05-03-2008, 05:15 PM
tracy588588
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi glad the install went well and its raining here too

Old 05-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So if you have a stock exhaust this install is more difficult? What all do you have to take off?

Old 05-03-2008, 05:39 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

You just have to loosen the bolts from the head. I backed them off off all the way to the end of the bolt.
This gives you plenty of room to remove the the old bolt, and put the new one in.

G-

Old 05-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Streetgliderx
Intermediate

sorry post trouble

Old 05-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Streetgliderx
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: sifularson

ORIGINAL: Streetgliderx

i ride my bagger hard....too hard... i have the wide s&s touring pipes and i drag them in every curve... we have a long sweeping mountain road i travel down to leave and back up to go home.. i notice ALOT of rear steer in my bike so much that i felt i was lost in one curve on i65 in tenn. coming home i ride 70+ on these roads and i NEED not WANT one of these and it should be here tomorrow... i will be sure to post up my finds too but everyones probs are my probs if i am reading right and the review sounds like my cure!!!!....oh and i have made this mountain road at 90 but i used both lanes and there was a certain local guy here looking to catch up.....crown vics aint too curve freindly
You are EXACTLY the guy we all need to hear from. After the install be sure to post your review. You obviously have a feel for your bike and will be able to tell immediately if it cures the rear steer issue. Thanks for posting. I'll be looking for you next post.
Steve
OK fellas i got the missin link yesterday and i installed it in a record 30 min i was pleased and i never loosened the head pipe but i took the rear mount and the center clamp under the tranny. pulled the pipes alittle and it was an easy reach...... ok first and foremost i like the design and i like the materials....quality machining....

now for the goodies... i rode the bike hard around 2 roads i love so well and know VERY well the day before the scheduled delivery.... i got her up to 70 in some long sweepers right on the edge of "what the hell am i doin?"..... so i got it on late last night and did some small test it seemed tighter. no real chance with rain coming to stretch her legs. i will say all who are worried about the vibes.. i actually believe it CALMMED mine down, i have the new "improved" hard as a brick front mount and it hammered at idle i feel this held it down some...

now to the fun.......so today the sun came out and i got done early with honey-do jobs so i washed the bike cause i figured if i total my tail out it needs to be shiny. so i hit the roads after my prayers of help me help me. i will say this all who experience wobble, first need to know or learn how to hang a curve by LEANING the bike and not by counter steering the bars... its soooooo easy to counter steer into a curve and its not noticable unless you push it and i feel this may be 60% of curve wobbles..... and some rocket scientist can explain why bikes don't trac well when the front wheel is not straight in a curve because of counter steering to make the curve(but we don't need him cause we already know). but i will say to those who know how to ride a bike hard YOU NEED THIS LINK!!!! un real the difference in the curves when the pipes are dragging asphalt.. i eat the curves and $hit asphalt...not to mention smiles on my face... many curves i hit at 70 i now tried at 75,then 80, then by the end of my trip i made 11 passes on this mountain road i was well into 90mph in most curves!!!!!!!!! WOW !!!!!!!!!!!.. i broke 100 in one my nerves never let me break 80...real nice long sweeper with a bank slope like a nascar trac!i love this thing.

now for the record maybe 5mph or moreof that was some form of mind over matter caused by "i think this thing helps"

ALSO i did notice if you are one of the hard counter steering folks this will AMPLIFY the wobble so be noted if you get increased wobble quit steerin and start leanin... since the link "holds" the rear more stable the wrong angles of countersteerin are more severe than before.... now i am no rocket man and i am no engineer but i ride hard and i have been on bikes that broke 6 second 1/4 mile.... and i didn't just sit on em!! so this is a review from a real guy who found real results in a sometimes less than real enviroment cause most never try 90mp

Old 05-03-2008, 08:23 PM
curlydee
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Streetgliderx do you ride like you wrench or wrench like you ride? It takes me 30 mins. to just to get up and down a couple of times.LOL

Old 05-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Streetgliderx
Intermediate

maybe a little of both... i am a half *** mechanic now i did not count the time it took to get my tools rounded up but i didn'twaste any timei never even opened my beer!!!

Old 05-03-2008, 08:39 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

OK call me slow, where is the link to order this thing...

Old 05-03-2008, 08:48 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Richard

OK call me slow, where is the link to order this thing...
Here's the link to the group buy thread.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_3231654/tm.htm

Quick Reply: MISSING LINK INSTALL AND REVIEW