Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MISSING LINK INSTALL AND REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 08:46 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts
Default RE: MISSING LINK INSTALL AND REVIEW

Mine sp'sd to come on Monday[8D] BTW, thanks for taking off work early to get to UPS

Old 05-02-2008, 08:55 PM
tracy588588
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi ups is good with tracking it will be there on mon. and i try my best to ship that day or next and please post after you have it installed and try it out

Old 05-03-2008, 12:58 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: dawg

Mine sp'sd to come on Monday[8D] BTW, thanks for taking off work early to get to UPS

I am really anxious to hear what you think of this kit. Please do us all a huge favor and contribute to the review thread with your install experience and your ride experience. So many people here on this forum listen when you talk. Thanks!
Steve

Old 05-03-2008, 01:06 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: scatpac1

Hey all,just stumbled by this post, last July mama bought us a RKC, and we love it, anyway I have noticed exactly what you guys and gals are talking about, best i can describe it is, like riding across one of those steel draw bridges with the grates on it,its just an uneasy feeling,like hydroplaning but your not. I tell you I think Im going to try one on my bike if it worked for all of you Im sure it will do wonders for me. Thx Steve for the research and your time to expose this, and Tracy for the great product at a discount price, lord knows the all mighty dollar is hard to come by these days. I will keep you guys posted thx again. Mike.
Mike, I started all this for fun and because Tracy's product looked like a great option to all the other kits out there. In the process, I'm getting to know Tracy. He truly does believe in what he's making and selling.

You describe the handling issue very well. I know for sure that the kit will cure it for you.

Please let us all know how it works for you.

BTW, all the time and effort I spent was well worth it. Made some great friends in person and online. Who knows, I may have to take the 3000 mile ride out to meet Tracy face to face!
Steve

Old 05-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: cwilks

I'm not convinced yet....to be honest I REALLY don't have a problem with the way the bike handles....I've had two touring bikes and have never experienced the wobble people talk about

Maybe when I have an extra $350 to throw around I might try one
You might want to save your money. This thing would take the wobble out of your avitar...

Old 05-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Duke of HD
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Jinks

ORIGINAL: cwilks

I'm not convinced yet....to be honest I REALLY don't have a problem with the way the bike handles....I've had two touring bikes and have never experienced the wobble people talk about

Maybe when I have an extra $350 to throw around I might try one
You might want to save your money. This thing would take the wobble out of your avitar...
cwilks, STAY AWAY, what ever you DO NOT take the wobble from your avatar![sm=hail.gif]

Old 05-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Duke of HD
Tourer

I installed the stabilizer and I have to say, this thing does indeed work and work very well! I notice it is MUCH tighter in sweepers especially with the wife and tour pack on the back. I have a special near and dear to my heart curve that I tested the TWR on, on my way to work.

The curve is not such a high speed (about 50 MPH) but it is a decreasing radius turn that has a crest with a little whoop in the middle, this was a heart pounding experience two weeks ago! I do have to say this is about the worst curve I have experienced and the "waggle" is all but gone!

I am actually thinking of using the TWR in conjunction with the Sta-Bo bushings, yea I want it to handle like an R1[sm=signs003.gif]

Old 05-03-2008, 08:59 AM
tracy588588
Tourer

hi pleasedo not use those bushings with my kit, they control movement in all directions, you only want to fix the problem sideways movement

Old 05-03-2008, 09:03 AM
RD GLD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tracy588588

hi do not use those bushings with my kit, they control movement in all directions, you only what to fix the problem sideways movement
Could you elaborate as to why??

Thanks...you edited your post as I was asking...

Old 05-03-2008, 09:09 AM
tracy588588
Tourer

hi the problem is sideways movement of the swingarm ,those bushings will control the natural foward and backmovement of the engine and transmission plus may add vibrations to the bike through the frame

Quick Reply: MISSING LINK INSTALL AND REVIEW