Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MISSING LINK INSTALL AND REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Streetgliderx
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MISSING LINK INSTALL AND REVIEW

i ride my bagger hard....too hard... i have the wide s&s touring pipes and i drag them in every curve... we have a long sweeping mountain road i travel down to leave and back up to go home.. i notice ALOT of rear steer in my bike so much that i felt i was lost in one curve on i65 in tenn. coming home i ride 70+ on these roads and i NEED not WANT one of these and it should be here tomorrow... i will be sure to post up my finds too but everyones probs are my probs if i am reading right and the review sounds like my cure!!!!....oh and i have made this mountain road at 90 but i used both lanes and there was a certain local guy here looking to catch up.....crown vics aint too curve freindly

Old 05-01-2008, 07:42 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Streetgliderx

i ride my bagger hard....too hard... i have the wide s&s touring pipes and i drag them in every curve... we have a long sweeping mountain road i travel down to leave and back up to go home.. i notice ALOT of rear steer in my bike so much that i felt i was lost in one curve on i65 in tenn. coming home i ride 70+ on these roads and i NEED not WANT one of these and it should be here tomorrow... i will be sure to post up my finds too but everyones probs are my probs if i am reading right and the review sounds like my cure!!!!....oh and i have made this mountain road at 90 but i used both lanes and there was a certain local guy here looking to catch up.....crown vics aint too curve freindly
You are EXACTLY the guy we all need to hear from. After the install be sure to post your review. You obviously have a feel for your bike and will be able to tell immediately if it cures the rear steer issue. Thanks for posting. I'll be looking for you next post.
Steve

Old 05-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

If I didn't know better I would think it was a Ridestr8 stabilizer. Looks almost identical.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:35 PM
creep1
Road Captain

Just received mine. Noticed in the directions it says if you have reinhart tru duals then you may need to use a spacer. Anyone need to yet and also whats considered a spacer- a washer? - Not gonna get to do my install for a little while but am looking foward to it.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:13 PM
tracy588588
Tourer

hi i have rineharts on my bike with no shim and i install a kit on my bud bike with new rineharts, i had to install a .060 shim between the pipe and mount at the transmission, i used a piece of aluminum about 3/4 inch wide and about 1 1/4 long now it cleared my bracket rinehart must have changed their pipe abit

Old 05-02-2008, 03:04 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member

Rode today 2up. I can really fell the difference when loaded down with the 2 of us. I am so glad I did this install . . . and so is the wife.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:40 PM
tracy588588
Tourer

hi steve, i amgald your wife can feel the difference back there now

Old 05-02-2008, 03:43 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: tracy588588

hi steve, i am gald your wife can feel the difference back there now
Tracy, anything new about becoming a forum sponsor? Can't imagine what the hold up could be. You've treated everyone here so well.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:38 PM
scatpac1
Cruiser

Hey all,just stumbled by this post, last July mama bought us a RKC, and we love it, anyway I have noticed exactly what you guys and gals are talking about, best i can describe it is, like riding across one of those steel draw bridges with the grates on it,its just an uneasy feeling,like hydroplaning but your not. I tell you I think Im going to try one on my bike if it worked for all of you Im sure it will do wonders for me. Thx Steve for the research and your time to expose this, and Tracy for the great product at a discount price, lord knows the all mighty dollar is hard to come by these days. I will keep you guys posted thx again. Mike.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:44 PM
tracy588588
Tourer

hi i pm you mike

Quick Reply: MISSING LINK INSTALL AND REVIEW