Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Place to Finance a Bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 05:16 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts
Default RE: Best Place to Finance a Bike

What TexasRedneck said.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:05 AM
bike_r_trash
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I just got financing through my HD dealer at 5.99 with Eaglemark, which was only.4 higher than my buddy could get out of his credit union. Neither one of us needed to finance the whole thing, so I don't know what that might have done to the rate. All my local banks were north of 10 percent on any bike loan.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:25 AM
wah45
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like credit unions hands down. Financed ours thru HD with not that good a rate, just easy and convenient. The dealer just asked that we not pay in off for a few months. They must make a sweet commission on financing! Both wife and I have excellent credit and was surprised how high it was. We payed it off and love it!

Old 04-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Homebrew101
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I bought a 2007 UC last week and financed about $7K of it. The dealer wanter 9.9% until I told them my CU was 5.99%. Suddenly they were also able to offer 5.99%. I went through the CU anyway because I have been dealing with them for years and know what kind of service to expect.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:46 AM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I went with the Line of credit at 4.65% plus the tax deduction. I wanted the tax deduction because of this stupid $1200 tax rebate program and I dont want to owe taxes next year.
A few months ago HD credit was doing 1.05% for 36 months on the anniv bikes, but I just didnt like them enough to do the deal.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: wbogley

I went with the Line of credit at 4.65% plus the tax deduction. I wanted the tax deduction because of this stupid $1200 tax rebate program and I dont want to owe taxes next year.
A few months ago HD credit was doing 1.05% for 36 months on the anniv bikes, but I just didnt like them enough to do the deal.
The stimulus check won't effect your taxes next year....you don't count it as income this year and it doesn't reduce your tax return for next year. I do agree with you on the "stupid" part though.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:10 PM
real7jake
Tourer

I used my credit union; best interest rate; most polite; very helpful to me

Old 04-30-2008, 12:10 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Windup08

ORIGINAL: wbogley

The stimulus check won't effect your taxes next year....you don't count it as income this year and it doesn't reduce your tax return for next year. I do agree with you on the "stupid" part though.
Like hell it doesnt reduce your 2008 refund. They are just not giving you money, they are giving you a advance on your refund for next year. If you refund next year was not going to be over 600-$1200 you will need to pay backthe difference.

Q: Edward S. asks, "I just filed my 2007 federal tax return because I'm expecting a refund. Will the stimulus rebate impact my pending 2007 refund or my 2008 tax return?"
A: It will not impact your 2007 refund. Your 2008 refund might be smaller than what you calculate on your return because you have already received the refund in advance, Luscombe says. But it still represents more money in your pocket.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:33 PM
CasperHD
Advanced

Community America Credit Union is advertising great rates. They had 4.65% for up to 5 years earlier this month. Currently it looks like they're at 4.9%. I showed my bank the website with these rates posted and my bank matched it. Saved a little bit. My bank was originally at around 6%, but they still matched down to 4.65%. Amazing, isn't it! But my bank's been really easy to deal with.

Check out these links:

http://www.cacu.com/ancillary/Rates.pdf

http://www.cacu.com/personal/join/ConsumerLoans.aspx

But make sure you look at the "Harley" loans section, not just "Motorcycle" loans. Other moto loans are higher. This probably has to do with higher resale on HDs rather than other motorcycles. New car loans are also cheap right now.

If you're income supports it, anyone with a credit score over 700 or 730 should get the lowest rate.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 634 Likes on 394 Posts

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck

ORIGINAL: Geoff
If you own a home, consider a home equity loan. Interest rates are much lower than bike loans andthe interest is tax dedictible.
BAD move, IMO. Yer gonna put up yer HOME to guarantee the note on sumthin' ya don't HAVE ta have. Yeah, the deduction an' better APR is temptin', but sorry - NO one is gonna git their claws into mah HOME.
Home equity loans area riskonlyif you'refinancially unstable.

Quick Reply: Best Place to Finance a Bike