Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I go into the stealership tonight....

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts
Default So I go into the stealership tonight....

Having some battery issues and I took my battery in for a look this evening and yeppers, need a new one. Mr. Partsman asks if it was an over the counter purchase or the original battery in the bike. I told him it was the original battery in the bike so now he tells me it is a service issue and I have to go back to service. I get back there and tell them what Mr. Partsman tells me and he says the battery has to be in the bike and you need to have the bike here.... we'll take the battery out and test it and replace it. I told him yall just did test it and it's bad. Again he tells me, put it in the bike and bring it in. I went slam off in his face. Why in the blue hell would I ride my bike in with a bad battery for a service and moreover, how in the hell am I suppose to get it here I asked him ? Call a wrecker was the answer. You've got no idea how badly I wanted to slap the crap out of him. If you're ever in North Florida stay FAR away from Capital City Harley Davidson Service Department. I am going elsewhere to buy a battery and my other half is actually looking for a scooter and they've just lost a sale. IDIOTS I tell ya lol.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:33 PM
quackhead
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So I go into the stealership tonight....

that is the stupidest thing ive ever heard....i would have asked to talk the the general manager or the owner.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:37 PM
notlost_nc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They wouldn't sell you a new battery of the counter? Doesn't make sense. The sun must be getting pretty hot down there already.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:41 PM
stukes_md
Tourer

They wouldn't sell you a new battery of the counter? Doesn't make sense. The sun must be getting pretty hot down there already.
Yeah, did you just want to purchase a new battery or were you trying to get a warranty adjustment on it?

Old 04-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Scootr
Road Master

I can't handle that sh$t! You have to wonder how some people make it out of bed in the morning! I agree give someone else that deserves it your business. Fork em!

Old 04-28-2008, 07:44 PM
SG 1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You were going to buy a battery? Where do they get these idiots? Call a wrecker? Give me a break.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Just a simple warranty swap out and adjustment. Nothing more. I asked for the GM or owner and they weren't in.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

same here, Aux lights fog up on my brothers Heritage(That used to be my heritage) Still under warranty. take the lights off for him and take them in, they know me there, Yep no problem, we will be glad to swap them, just put them back on the bike and have him ride it over and we will swap them out. WTF.[:@] Dumbest crap in the world. And I rode in the current street glide that was purchased from them when I sold him the heritage.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:53 PM
stukes_md
Tourer

Smart *** comments never help in a situation like this. I can see it from the dealership side because they don't know if you got a bad battery somewhere and were trying to scam them for a new one. They should have explained the warranty procedure better and possibly sold you a new battery with the understanding that when you got the bike running you'd bring it in and get a refund.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:53 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Badbagger

Just a simple warranty swap out and adjustment. Nothing more. I asked for the GM or owner and they weren't in.
Yup, for warranty claim they gotta have the bike.
Had you just been buying the battery, no probs. You would have been sold one.

As far as they know, your battery could have been pulled out of your buddies bike that has no warranty.
Don't be pissed at them, that's standard practice.

Quick Reply: So I go into the stealership tonight....