Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I go into the stealership tonight....

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 03:22 AM
Tbones
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So I go into the stealership tonight....

Unfortunately, the service department was telling you the straight scoop. He should have done a better job of explaining it to you but the bottom line is, they have to have the bike in order for them to get reimbursed from the factory. Any service tech worth his salt is going to perform a couple quick checks to make sure that the charging system isn't the problem. What the service department should have done was give youa shop battery to put in your bike so you could get it to them but then most dealerships really don't give a rip about their customers once the sell has been made. And when you factor in the **** poor wages they pay their technicians, they don't exactly retain the highest qualily folks. That's the biggest problem with the dealers today, they only care about selling the bikes and the estimated $4k spent by the buyer on average for accessories and clothing. They monies brought in on service work is nothing compared to what they make off their bikes and bling.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Big Peter
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Badbagger

Having some battery issues and I took my battery in for a look this evening and yeppers, need a new one. Mr. Partsman asks if it was an over the counter purchase or the original battery in the bike. I told him it was the original battery in the bike so now he tells me it is a service issue and I have to go back to service. I get back there and tell them what Mr. Partsman tells me and he says the battery has to be in the bike and you need to have the bike here.... we'll take the battery out and test it and replace it. I told him yall just did test it and it's bad. Again he tells me, put it in the bike and bring it in. I went slam off in his face. Why in the blue hell would I ride my bike in with a bad battery for a service and moreover, how in the hell am I suppose to get it here I asked him ? Call a wrecker was the answer. You've got no idea how badly I wanted to slap the crap out of him. If you're ever in North Florida stay FAR away from Capital City Harley Davidson Service Department. I am going elsewhere to buy a battery and my other half is actually looking for a scooter and they've just lost a sale. IDIOTS I tell ya lol.
This guy probably had his sales training at Rossmeyer's [:@]
They really don't care about their customers.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Lopoetve
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: sweet07

Ya catch more flies with sugar than ya do with vinegar.
Actually, not true. Put out a bowl of balsamic and a bowl of honey and see what happens.