Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Road Glide with mods or 08 with ABS??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 04:41 PM
USMCAmmoMan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Road Glide with mods or 08 with ABS??

Sold my 06 Street Glide because I wanted an 08 Road Glide with ABS. Wellthe plot thickens. Found an 07 with 103, king tour pack, chromed to the hilt, etc, etc to many mods to list they want $22,500.00. The bike is owned by the owner of Harley Dealership. I know I'll get a bunch of opinions, that's what I'm looking for.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Aslan
Road Master
Default RE: 07 Road Glide with mods or 08 with ABS??

I bought my 08 off the showroom floor without ABS. I liked the bike and got a good deal.
ABS was not a deciding factor for me.

Other people will not buy an 08 without ABS. Some people traded their oldbikes in just to get ABS.

Looking at your credentials I can see that you know how to ride a bike and are well aware of safety.

If you don't feel that ABS is a must for youand you like the bike andthe deal on the one without ABS go for it.
If you want the extra edge the ABS may give you when in a panic stop go for an 08.

Good luck.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:55 PM
gliderman
Road Captain

Either way, I think you will enjoy the RG over the SG you sold. I just converted my 06' SG into a road glide and couldn't be happier. Handles much better and you don't see a RG every which way you turn......

Old 04-28-2008, 06:01 PM
UGlide
Advanced

You set out to get an 08 with ABS. Stick with your plan. Adding the accessories after the purchase is half the fun. In my opinion, now that it is available, the ABS is a must-have safety feature. It isnot available on the 07 model.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:07 PM
SG 1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ABS for sure. Not so sure about the Road Glide though.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:12 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Id go for the 07 for 2 reasons. 08 has first gen abs and they have throttle by wire. I hear it works ok, but the dealer told me today there is not too many handle bar selections available yet

Old 04-28-2008, 08:27 PM
USMCAmmoMan
Intermediate

Thanks for the replys guys, have owned about 6 Harleys now, never a road glide and I do like the ABS option. Wife and I sat on 3 bikes Saturday, Ultra, Road King Classic and the Road Glide. We both felt that the road glide was the most comfortable out of the box. Yes I know the Ultra back seat for her, but even she felt a little cramped and it felt as though I was sitting up on the tank. I hate the idea of having to buy a new seat and bars right off the bat, thus the Road Glide. Liked the seat and bars right off, and with the addition of the tour pack, I think both will be happy. As mentioned above you don't see a bunch of Road Glides everywhere you go. But mostly it's about comfort, all 3 bikes had the ABS option.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:39 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

If this means anything to you, last weekend a group of us went on a 300 mile ride, the winds were 40+mph. I was on my RG, 1 buddy was on a EGS, 2 were on dynas and 1 softail all with w/s. We were getting blown around pretty good, I was leading and couldnt see how the others were doing other than there was 4 bikes behind me. I thought for sure I was going to be tired and sore when I got home, especially the next day.
Heres what made me glad I went for the RG rather than a batwing. That evening and the next morning I felt NO discomfort, I could do another 300 miles, I called my other buddies and they were crying they were almost being blown over and that they could hardly walk the next day.
If you want absolute comfort the frame mounted fairing is the only way to go. Enjoy your new ride, Im sure you'll like it.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:10 PM
OD_Cleaver
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ABS will become more popular with time.

If you like to change bikes often, ABS could be that one option that will give you a quick sale.

Yes I agree, buy the bike that you want and not the one for the next guy.

As some have said, building your own bike is half of the fun.

OD

Old 04-28-2008, 09:27 PM
07yellowglide
Road Warrior

would you guys please stop talking about how good the Road GLides are?

then the word will get out and everyone will want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 07 Road Glide with mods or 08 with ABS??