Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The ongoing dilemma with exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 12:12 PM
bdaug50
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The ongoing dilemma with exhaust.

I used to have Hooker Tuned Flow slip ons on my 05 eglide with a stock 88. I loved the sound they had but alas they would set car alarms off when you rode past. When I did the 95" HQ build, they sounded even better but they would wake the dead. I bought a D&D Fatcat with the quiet baffle and it is a world of difference. Totally different sound but its actually quiet. Not as quiet as stock exhaust but very acceptable. The only time it really gets noisy, which isn't really noisy in my opinion is when you get on it.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:32 PM
61panhead
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of Screamin' Eagle Touring slip-ons (80537-07) that I'll part with if anyone wants 'em.OEM crossover exhaust system also available.
Too quiet forme. Make a reasonable offer.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Trey Hogger
Road Master

I see you take no crap, but do you take anyone's advice? You basically asked this question in your prior thread and people had somethoughts on the matterfor you then. I'm interested in what you finally do to maintain all the power you built in, but tone down the noise.My guess is there is no magical solution to have it both ways - least not on a Harley.

Thumper - I AMplaying nice. (o:

Old 04-28-2008, 04:43 PM
TakeNoCrap
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Trey Hogger

I see you take no crap, but do you take anyone's advice? You basically asked this question in your prior thread and people had somethoughts on the matterfor you then. I'm interested in what you finally do to maintain all the power you built in, but tone down the noise.My guess is there is no magical solution to have it both ways - least not on a Harley.

Supertrap 2 into 1 . Think thats going to solve my problem. Now if i can find a good tuner in the panhandle. All we have is the harley shop here.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:17 PM
bob2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I tried the Supertrapp 2-1 when I still had a 96 but I don't think it was very quiet,I had the S&S SPO'S which were fine until I went to the 107 but its a different look that some don't care for,the 4" SE two piece mufflers flow very well but don't have the real deep HD sound IMHO but are more then acceptable.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:23 PM
jack49
Road Captain

S&S Stainless Ovals

Old 04-28-2008, 05:44 PM
sportyrider1
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: TakeNoCrap

ORIGINAL: Trey Hogger

Supertrap 2 into 1 . Think thats going to solve my problem. Now if i can find a good tuner in the panhandle. All we have is the harley shop here.
what fuel managment system do you have sert or pcIII. if it is a pcIII there are several fla tuning centers listed on the power commander site including 1 in ft walton beach

Old 04-28-2008, 06:19 PM
racklefratz
Road Master

I won't give you any "go get a Goldwing" crap. But I will say that trying to make a HD engine a "performer" is an exercise in futility. The engine design is primordial, man. Just get used to it. If you can't live without the HD engine design, you're gonna' get what comes with it, and that is, low performance.

The Goldwing thing...well, it is what it is. It's a current technology, not a carry-over from two centuries ago, and it'll run circles around your 100"+ HD engine all day long. Solid lifters, vs hydraulics, overhead cam, all the rest. We all know that. Harley's look good, but they're not built to be "performers" and the platform's just not there to make it possible, no matter how you "stroke" it and whatever else you do.

It's a Harley. Enjoy it for what it is. I do with mine. I haven't said "go get a Goldwing". I'm simply saying, give it up on the "performance" thing if you don't want to own a bike that can "perform".

Old 04-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: racklefratz

I won't give you any "go get a Goldwing" crap. But I will say that trying to make a HD engine a "performer" is an exercise in futility. The engine design is primordial, man. Just get used to it. If you can't live without the HD engine design, you're gonna' get what comes with it, and that is, low performance.

The Goldwing thing...well, it is what it is. It's a current technology, not a carry-over from two centuries ago, and it'll run circles around your 100"+ HD engine all day long. Solid lifters, vs hydraulics, overhead cam, all the rest. We all know that. Harley's look good, but they're not built to be "performers" and the platform's just not there to make it possible, no matter how you "stroke" it and whatever else you do.

It's a Harley. Enjoy it for what it is. I do with mine. I haven't said "go get a Goldwing". I'm simply saying, give it up on the "performance" thing if you don't want to own a bike that can "perform".
Huh? There's a lotta built HD's out there that will smoke most jap built cruisers and even some of the crotch rockets. Its all a matter of how much you want to spend. The old question "How fast do you want to go?" is always followed by "How much you want to spend?"

As far as the RB Racing Blackhole - great pipe and not overly loud, much quieter than most except maybe the Supertrapps. They are expensive though.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:46 PM
TakeNoCrap
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: racklefratz

Im not going to say "KISS MY A S S ". what im am trying to say is if your trying to find the place you can kiss, its that dark hairy spot where the sun dont shine. Goldwing can bite my @#*%

Quick Reply: The ongoing dilemma with exhaust.