Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

finished with street glide fascia installl

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 02:01 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Help street glide fascia installl

What pipes are those? As mmuch as I like the looks of my pipes, I am leaning toward getting some black pipes, instead...

Old 05-03-2008, 02:14 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

the pipes are hard krome trex that I bought from aforum member andhad ceramic coated, unless you like real loud I would look for something else. thanks for the compliment, the fishtails look great on your bike just get em ceramic coated.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:41 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: leohd

the pipes are hard krome trex that I bought from aforum member andhad ceramic coated, unless you like real loud I would look for something else. thanks for the compliment, the fishtails look great on your bike just get em ceramic coated.
As it turns out.... I do like really loud pipes... Which is why I have the samson drag pipes. You lose some torque with drag pipes, but I just did the lollipop bolt trick to my exhaust, and it made a surprising difference. I am thinking of changing exhausts, though. I may just do the ceramic coat, but have not decided. I want black pipes, that I know. Are the tips removable, on your pipes? The reason I ask is because they are chrome, and the rest of the pipe is black. I was wondering if when the do the ceramic, if it is possible to leave part of my one piece pipe chrome. I think if I did the whole pipe black, but left just the fishtails chrome, it might look cool...

Congratulations on getting the sig down... Looks good...

Old 05-03-2008, 03:51 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

my tips were removed, I know with powdercoating they can leave part chromed, that would look great just having the tails left chromed, you can send jet hot coatings a email or do a google search and there might be a place close to you.the only way I got the sig to work was using the pic you posted of my bike, maybe another day i can figure out why my pics from photobucket ain't working, I resized em and copied the http thing and did the [IMG] [/IMG] thing but no luck I give up for tonight

Old 05-03-2008, 04:02 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

If you had the pics on photobucket, and tried to resize them there, that is the problem. I had the same issue. You have to resize them at the resize2mail, save them to your computer, and then save them to photobucket... That is the only way I got it to work. I am not saying it is the only way, just how I did it, LOL. I have contacted a couple of local places, but just have not had the cash to proceed with it...

Old 05-03-2008, 10:12 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

jeez all that to post a sig. pic? resize2mail,photobucket then finally post it, that leaves no time for riding, you might want to just keep your pipes chrome, black can get addicting, like they say it's the new chrome, and now that mine is done I'm sure hd will come out with a blacked out bagger for 2009