Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Major Problem with my NEW 08 Roadglide

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 06:06 PM
aliasjaguarjones
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major Problem with my NEW 08 Roadglide

Had this RG for 2 weeks and just noticed this weekend on a long trip that the handlebars are turned about 5 degrees to the right when going straight on the freeway. Also, when I put on the cruise control and let go of the bars, I have to lean about a foot to the right to keep the bike going straight. So something is definitely ****-eyed here. My 06 RG was perfectly balanced and could steer with my knees. Anyone heard of this? I ran into a guy today who said that an HD rep told him that thay had a batch of triple-trees where the casting was bad. Just wanted some info here so I know what to expect when taking it in on tuesday. Thanks! Keep the rubber on the road.

Jaguar

Old 04-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts
Default RE: Major Problem with my NEW 08 Roadglide

Never heard of that problem. My Road glide runs as straight as an arrow when I let go of the bars. It's balanced better than any bike I've ever owned. I'd be back at the dealership if I were you.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:10 PM
winston chopper
Tourer

I have the same thing going on with my ultra. Not the bars but I have to lean way to the right to keep it strait on cruise, even on flat ground.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:39 PM
waffler
Tourer

I have the same problem with my 07 and when I took it back to the dealer they told me It was within factory specs. Thats their way of getting around anything. I'd be interested in what they have to tell you.I don't have the time or the patience to go to another dealer.Itsvery hard to find a dealerthat will take care of you even though you purchasedthe bike somewhere else the first questionthey ask is did you purchase the bike from us. sorry for the rant good luck

Old 04-27-2008, 06:40 PM
aliasjaguarjones
2nd Gear

Take a look next time your on the freeway and see if you notice that the bars are a little of center. let me know.

Jag

Old 04-27-2008, 06:46 PM
SIM
Outstanding HDF Member

lock the tree with your switch. sit on the bike and yank your bars to the left. It will line them back up. you tend to move the bars as you get on the bike. basically you are picking up the weight of the bike with the bars. I had to do this with mine. I had to learn to mount the bike differently and not use the bars to pick the bike up off the kickstand.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Kaiser Sose
Advanced

08 SG here...when I let go of the bars, the bike drifts left, only slightly though.
Just figured that I'm seated a little off center...or the drivetrain's pullin' it.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your SG being left side drive would pull very slightly to the left. My Ultra does

Old 04-27-2008, 07:42 PM
seawolfhd
Intermediate

If your handlebars are lose get it fixed! Something is wrong if they are moving and even if your a really big guy your bars shouldn't move.

Had a 06' Rk that would drift left when letting go of the bars, looking down at the tubes over the gas tank when going down a straite road looked like one side showed more tube than the other, told the dealer, of course he said thats normal. Any way traded that in for a new 08' RK, runs alot truer but still when I let go of the bars have to lean a small amout to the right.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:53 PM
aliasjaguarjones
2nd Gear

It's not just the handle bars. When riding down the freeway and looking just above the tank on down.
I can also see that the forks are also rotated. There is about a half an inch difference from what I see.
Like Iwas saying, I met a guy today who said he had the same problem. It took 7 months, but harley finally
had to buy the bike back from him and he got a new one. But it took 7 months of persistance. They COULD NOT fix
the problem. They wanted to exchange the whole frame! So this is what I am a little concerned about. I just would like to know more about the problem before I go in there. I am one who blows up if I get any crap. I hate dealing with them a-holes. They have F'd me 5 times now. Can't even put a muffler back on right!

Quick Reply: Major Problem with my NEW 08 Roadglide