Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK Custom-Installed S&S Ovals and License Relocation Kit-Now w/Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Matt8643
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RK Custom-Installed S&S Ovals and License Relocation Kit

I plan on buying a new license plate frame that will fit with the relocation kit and then removing that reflector at the bottom the the plate-it doesn't flow with the bike.

Old 02-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks sweet Matt. We'll have to hook up in a few weeks w/ CarmelleRKC and go for a cruise.

Primo

P.S. I'm with you, that reflector has to go!

Old 02-17-2006, 07:23 PM
scttgr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[sm=smiley20.gif] looks great...what kind of seat is that , and do you like it for longer rides?

Old 02-17-2006, 09:45 PM
Matt8643
Road Captain

Hey Primo, yea we'll all get together for a ride in the future. I might be meeting Deluxe_scoot and CarmellRKC tomoroow at the PVHD sidewalk sale about 10:00am or so. Just to say hello and look for some good deals.

Scttgr8, that's a Mustang seat. And yes, it is very comfortable on long rides, also it gives me some lower back support because of the way it scoops uo in the back-at least it feels like it to me. I really love that seat.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:58 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

mods look good especially relocating the license tag

Old 02-18-2006, 02:26 PM
twoseas
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RK Custom-Installed S&S Ovals and License Relocation Kit-Now w/Pics!

ORIGINAL: Matt8643

I installed S&S Stainless Performance Ovals on my RK Custom last night. I didn't get to try them out until today. Man, do they sound nice!! Exactly the sound I was looking for. Not too loud, but definitely a "masculine" low grumbling sound-reminds me of an old Chevy big block engine. I can feel a difference in performance too. I have a new SE air breather in my garage and I am waiting on a PCIII that I ordered. Pretty soon I'll have the bike runnin' like a top!

This afternoon I installed the license plate relocation kit. It was easy to do. Took me a few hours and the only reason it took that long was because I screwed up a little and had to make an emergency trip to Pep Boys. The only thing I don't like about the relocation kit is that it doesn't accept my current chrome license plate frame, so I have to get a different one.

~Matt
Matt,

The new look looks great !! Do you or anyone else know if the OEM light kit from your bike can go on a RKC ?? I would really like to place my licensce plate below my brake light but I also have the HD fender trim to deal with.

Ray

Old 02-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Matt8643
Road Captain
Default RE: RK Custom-Installed S&S Ovals and License Relocation Kit-Now w/Pics!

Ray, yea it will fit your Classic. The kit actually includes replacement fender trim for RK Classics that is compatible with the new placement. I just didn't use it on mine because I don't have trim, but it will work for you.

Old 02-18-2006, 06:57 PM
twoseas
Road Master

Ray, yea it will fit your Classic. The kit actually includes replacement fender trim for RK Classics that is compatible with the new placement. I just didn't use it on mine because I don't have trim, but it will work for you.

Matt,

Thanks for the reply. So...is this light kit a HD, Kuryakin or another brand ?? How much did the kit cost you ??? Source ???

Thanks,

Ray

Old 02-18-2006, 08:15 PM
Matt8643
Road Captain

It's an HD kit. Part #53702-04. Cost is $247. Overpriced in my opinion, but it looks great. Easy install. Only needed phillips screwdriver and wrench or ratchet. You will also need fishing line to remove rear fender medallion if you have one-I don't beleive you do since you have the trim.
~Matt

Old 02-18-2006, 08:33 PM
twoseas
Road Master

It's an HD kit. Part #53702-04. Cost is $247. Overpriced in my opinion, but it looks great. Easy install. Only needed phillips screwdriver and wrench or ratchet. You will also need fishing line to remove rear fender medallion if you have one-I don't beleive you do since you have the trim.
~Matt
Thanks for the help !!!

Ray

Quick Reply: RK Custom-Installed S&S Ovals and License Relocation Kit-Now w/Pics!