Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers are finally in!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 08:00 PM
dhutchison
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Speakers are finally in!

HT speakers were around $119.00 Shipped to my door. ( I think) HW speakers are $129.00 before S&H. If you buy from Jim (HdDude), you can get a 10% discount off that. The whole speaker/amp combo is $699.00. I think the %10 applies to that as well. Since I can't speak for Jim, if he couldn't do the %10 on the whole kit, I would. As for trying the HT amp, I didn't see one offered on their site. If they do offer one, I'm not sure how much it is. If it were reasonable, I'd probably get one, and add it to my Dad's bike. Also, does anyone know if HT offers a dealer program, or just retail direct? I'd really like to be able to offer both to my customers. I have some that would prefer the HT sound over the HW volume, and the price would better suit some.

Old 02-16-2006, 08:04 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Try PMing PEZ he is the owner of HT's.

Old 02-16-2006, 08:18 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you saying that the stock speakers on the 06 Street Glide Suck??? And what is this about the 2 ohm, and 8 ohm thing?? What does the Street Glide have in it, 2's or 8's??

Bob

Old 02-16-2006, 08:20 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior

They don't suck, but there is always better!!

Wait for the 2ohm speakers to come out for the '06's.

Old 02-16-2006, 08:24 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

Can someone explain this 2 ohm, 8 ohm thing, and maybe what ohm the speakers are in the SG? Just trying to understand this. I like a good sound from my pipes, but on the other hand I would like a good sound from the radio/CD too, but I do not plan on doing a $700 upgrade either.

Bob

ORIGINAL: CHEYENNE

Old 02-16-2006, 08:26 PM
HdDude
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: dhutchison

HT speakers were around $119.00 Shipped to my door. ( I think) HW speakers are $129.00 before S&H. If you buy from Jim (HdDude), you can get a 10% discount off that. The whole speaker/amp combo is $699.00. I think the %10 applies to that as well. Since I can't speak for Jim, if he couldn't do the %10 on the whole kit, I would. As for trying the HT amp, I didn't see one offered on their site. If they do offer one, I'm not sure how much it is. If it were reasonable, I'd probably get one, and add it to my Dad's bike. Also, does anyone know if HT offers a dealer program, or just retail direct? I'd really like to be able to offer both to my customers. I have some that would prefer the HT sound over the HW volume, and the price would better suit some.
I do and will offer 10% off of the whole kit!

Old 02-16-2006, 08:29 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: HD Renegade

Can someone explain this 2 ohm, 8 ohm thing, and maybe what ohm the speakers are in the SG? Just trying to understand this. I like a good sound from my pipes, but on the other hand I would like a good sound from the radio/CD too, but I do not plan on doing a $700 upgrade either.

Bob
You can just change the speakers without having to add the amp. Sorry i can't help with what ohm stock speakers are. I'm guessing either 4 or 8ohm.

The higher the ohm the less resistence

Old 02-16-2006, 08:31 PM
HdDude
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: HD Renegade

Bob

ORIGINAL: CHEYENNE

The 06 bikes all came with a 2 ohm speaker, Prior years were 8 ohm, (unless it was a SE bike they used 4ohm). The impedance of the speakers are matched to the head units amplifier output. If you out a 4 ohm speaker on a 2 ohm unit they would not play as loud.

Old 02-17-2006, 12:32 AM
brianseay
Tourer

Thanks for all the great input. It will save some of us the headaches of having to choose. I am wanting to upgrade my speakers now I know what I need to do. Thanks.........[sm=thanx.gif][sm=biker2.gif]

Old 02-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

Most of my riding is below 80. I like bass. I think I'll stay with the Hogtunes.

Oh, I checked on pricing, and Pez offers a 10% discount, so they would be under $110.00, so alot cheaper than HW.

Quick Reply: Speakers are finally in!