Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harbor Freight Tools rant

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 08:29 AM
ironhead3fan
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harbor Freight Tools rant

I see that a lot of you got your tools and accessories from Harbor Freight. I decided to give them a look. I found a vacuum/blower that my friend who details bikes has and decided to order one, being that the price was right. 13 days later, my order from Harbor Freight arrives. What I received were stock pots, not the vacuum/blower. The item number for the stock pots was 94829, the item number for the vacuum/blower was 93353, so it wasn't even close. I informed customer support via email, and this is the response I received:

Dear Mr XXXXX,
[align=left]I have issued a Pre-Paid Label to be sent to you via US Mail. It should reach you in approximately 5-7 business days.[/align] Once we receive the merchandise back, the item will be replaced. [align=left]Regards.

My response:

This is day 13 of this order. If it takes another 5-7 days to get the pre paid label, another 5-7 days to get it back to you, then another 13 days to receive the correct item? Simple math tells me that on the conservative side, it would take 36 days for me to receive the item I ordered.

This is the first order with your company, and most likely the last. I am a patient man, but this should have never taken this long. 13 days from order to receipt of an item, even the wrong item, is not acceptable.

Tell me what I need to do to cancel the entire order. If this is customer service, you can keep it.

I am curious as to how many others this may have happened to. So with their current shipping times, if you receive the wrong item through no fault of your own, it will take you over 30 days to actually get the product you ordered.
[/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/36427/5585AFBF723D424284C6C56A705777EB.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/36427/3DD64EBF46F64C2896C3809A41C71F72.gif[/IMG]

Old 04-25-2008, 08:35 AM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Harbor Freight Tools rant

ROFLMAO

Old 04-25-2008, 08:37 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quality, Service, Price.

Ya git 2 of the 3 - you choose.....

Mah Dad (rest his soul) had a favorite sayin' in business - "I have no problems with those who sell for less - they know what their stuff is worth!"

Old 04-25-2008, 08:38 AM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll make the sause!

Old 04-25-2008, 08:43 AM
gjb1952
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: ironhead3fan

I see that a lot of you got your tools and accessories from Harbor Freight. I decided to give them a look. I found a vacuum/blower that my friend who details bikes has and decided to order one, being that the price was right. 13 days later, my order from Harbor Freight arrives. What I received were stock pots, not the vacuum/blower. The item number for the stock pots was 94829, the item number for the vacuum/blower was 93353, so it was even close. I informed customer support via email, and this is the response I received:

Dear Mr XXXXX,
[align=left]I have issued a Pre-Paid Label to be sent to you via US Mail. It should reach you in approximately 5-7 business days.[/align]Once we receive the merchandise back, the item will be replaced. [align=left]Regards.

My response:

This is day 13 of this order. If it takes another 5-7 days to get the pre paid label, another 5-7 days to get it back to you, then another 13 days to receive the correct item? Simple math tells me that on the conservative side, it would take 36 days for me to receive the item I ordered.

This is the first order with your company, and most likely the last. I am a patient man, but this should have never taken this long. 13 days from order to receipt of an item, even the wrong item, is not acceptable.

Tell me what I need to do to cancel the entire order. If this is customer service, you can keep it.

I am curious as to how many others this may have happened to. So with their current shipping times, if you receive the wrong item through no fault of your own, it will take you over 30 days to actually get the product you ordered.
[/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/36427/5585AFBF723D424284C6C56A705777EB.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/36427/3DD64EBF46F64C2896C3809A41C71F72.gif[/IMG]
I have a few tools from Harbor Freight. Not the greatest quality. I think alot of people buy them because they are cheap and ok to get by with in an emergency. I have never ordered anything from them so what happened to you does suck. The time frame for you is a bit excessive . Possibly they didn't have what you were exchanging for in stock?

Old 04-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Y2K
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,295 Likes on 1,405 Posts

Don't worry, when you get the product it'll be the Chinese quality you paid for.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:48 AM
ironhead3fan
Road Master

I guess I had to learn my lesson the hard way!

Old 04-25-2008, 08:50 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Road trip cookin stuff,you have to look at the bright side

Old 04-25-2008, 08:51 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Correction ona previous post for Harbor Freight, Service, Quality, Price, choose ONE! Oh yeah, service and quality aren't options. I quit Harbor Freight a long time ago, you do get what you pay for. While I agree some things are cheaper and of the same quality between vendors, These guys sell the cheapest product they canregardless of quality. Bought one of their MC lifts a long time ago, a good investment if you don't really care about your bike when it's on it. For a few more $$$, you can get something you can use for a long time, not a disposable item.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:55 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

How about a little sympathy for the guy who expected pots and got blow dryer? What about him--he probably needed them for a big party and now he's screwed--can't cook jumbo, etc. with a blow dryer? At least you can dry your bike with a microfiber cloth and air; or borrow your buddy's blow dryer.

Sorry to hear of your trouble--hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight Tools rant