Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide Tri-Bar Light Upgrade - Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Street Glide Tri-Bar Light Upgrade - Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light

How easy is this to install. Do I need a lift. Do I have to try to manuever a wrench behind the fender to remove and tighten the screws/nuts.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-25-2008, 12:59 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Street Glide Tri-Bar Light Upgrade - Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light

I put the rear fascia on my rk custom, with the run/brake light. It was a breeze. Since you already have the fascia, it is just a matter of replacing the inner housing. Yes, you will have to remove the screw that holds it on, but there is more room thn you think. Then you just have to trace the same line of wires that the other is connected to. You should have no problem. You will not need a lift, but if you have one, lifting the back of the bike makes it easier to get a wrench in there. Just take a light, get on your back, and take a look. I think it is only two small screws holding the light housing against the fascia... No problem.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:30 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default RE: Street Glide Tri-Bar Light Upgrade - Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light

The LED is attached to the facia with two T20 Torx screws. The LED light's wiring is connected near the antenna base and needsto be disconnected/unplugged. I haven't had to change the LED on my bike, but as PapaTravis said, you should be able to do it without removing the tire.

Incidentally, if you have the Service Manual, or have access to one, there is a section on removing the facia and LED. In the 2007 SM it's section 2.35 and says to remove the facia (just remove the three nuts on each side of the facia), unplug the LED wiring connector, and remove the facia--then remove the LED.