Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rineharts or Vance and Hines on baggers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008 | 01:24 AM
drrandall1
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Rineharts or Vance and Hines on baggers?

ORIGINAL: Avmech97

I havehad the V&H basic slipons for several years now and they have done very well for me both with their sound and durability.[sm=biker2.gif]
Now ya tell me

Old 04-25-2008 | 01:35 AM
Avmech97
Road Master

My RG had about 50 something thousand when the V&H were installed & haveput approx. 64-65 thousand on them with very little discoloration.[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 04-25-2008 | 05:29 AM
04 rkcrr
Tourer

No you cant use thunderheader slipons with RH head pipes. Your RH,s headers are stepped, Normal header diameter 1 3/4.

Old 04-25-2008 | 05:33 AM
toastedoat
Cruiser

I mixed the best of both worlds on my '07 Ultra, had a set of Rinehart slip-ons, and they were great by themselves, but I liked the look & heat reduction the true-dual setup offers, so I put a set of V&H Dresser Duals headers on and now the bike runs & sounds better than ever!!

As a comparison, I also have a '03 RKC with True Dual Rineharts & the 95: Big Bore Kit from Harley, and the Ultra sounds better on the road at speed, the RKC is deeper at idle in my opinion.

Sean

Old 04-25-2008 | 06:49 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member

I run the V/H Oval Slip Ons and love them. Great sound,nice chrome and no blueing !!!

Old 04-25-2008 | 07:01 AM
spence222
Road Warrior

Vance & Hines.....love the sound...and they look great too!

Old 04-25-2008 | 07:19 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

I think you should just take the baffles out of you Rinehart's. If you aren't happy with the stock baffles and you aren't happy with the performance baffles you aren't going to be happy with the V&H ovals with true duals. My brother has the V&H and I have the Rienharts cant hardly hear his bike when running side by side. They are nice sounding but not loud.

Old 04-25-2008 | 09:33 AM
drrandall1
|
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: FLHT

I think you should just take the baffles out of you Rinehart's. If you aren't happy with the stock baffles and you aren't happy with the performance baffles you aren't going to be happy with the V&H ovals with true duals. My brother has the V&H and I have the Rienharts cant hardly hear his bike when running side by side. They are nice sounding but not loud.
I hear ya.So you think your pipes are louder than your brother's? If I do go with out baffles I need the www.bigcitythunder things I guess. Can you get a good dyno without baffles I wonder?

Old 04-25-2008 | 09:52 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

I have rineharts true duals on my SG and I think that it sounds AWESOME at every level....

[IMG]local://upfiles/45508/5D3EFE00D43F44A8BA741CDF37A49AB3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-25-2008 | 10:20 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: drrandall1

ORIGINAL: FLHT

I hear ya.So you think your pipes are louder than your brother's? If I do go with out baffles I need the www.bigcitythunder things I guess. Can you get a good dyno without baffles I wonder?
Yeah. I know mine are louder. I really dont know how the Dyno would go. I'm sure you would want the Big Thunder inserts, you need to hold some back pressure on the system. I'm just wondering what its going to do to your lowend torque numbers

Quick Reply: Rineharts or Vance and Hines on baggers?